Welthungerhilfe is a private,non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
Description of duties:
Project Assistant will provide support for different project activities
The duties for the Project Officer,in detail, will be;
- To support the implementing partners inpreparation, implementation and analysis of the project process.
- To coordinate the project's activities with related local authorities,national project partners, and local councils, in Turkey and Syria
- Support the IP that the strengthened capacity is utilized during project cycle.
- Support the documentation and reporting of the project activities according to the regulations of Welthungerhilfe and donors.
- Preparing necessary project documentation,monitoring project activities and preparing narrative reports, coordinating implementation of projects according to WHH rules in close cooperation with logistics department.
- Supporting the Head of Project in the preparation of the internal project evaluation.
- Providing support for the Head of Project and the WHH different departments to develop the specification for any needed goods to be procured.
- Provide assistance in administration of project.
- Support WHH departments in project related activities.
- Organize translation for relevant project documents.
- Whenever necessary, represent WHH, attending UN-cluster meetings and meet with the local authorities.
- Follow up of 4W provided by Implementation Partners.
- Prepare weekly and adhoc reporting.
- Organization of project activities outside of the office.
- In addition to the above, the Project Officer might be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Head of Project
Position open to Turkish nationals only.
- Education: A Degree in relevant field (Social Science,Humanities, etc.
- Work Experience: Preferably 3-5 years of working experience in community development, social work related position and preferably in a non-profit organization
- Personality requirements: Ability to integrate in a transcultural team, hardworking,good communication skills, ability to motivate and develop skills of others,attentive to detail, co-operative, good humor, able to work independently and with remote supervision.
- Language Skills:English(written & spoken), Turkish and Arabic are an asset.
The Project Officer will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English only (CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references) to firstname.lastname@example.org 23.01.2018, at the latest.
Email subject line should read: Job Application – GZT/SYR1047/PO/2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the positionbefore the deadlinedue to urgency.