AAR Japan started working in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011 and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since 2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting urban refugees in Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Mardin and Istanbul.
The project’s overall goal, on one hand, is to contribute in building a protective environment for people with disabilities by addressing their health issues, protection risks, and their vulnerabilities and on the other hand, facilitating durable solutions for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in their interest.
AAR Japan is looking for a Project officer who will be positioned in Istanbul (Arnavutkoy).
ROLE SUMMARY :
Support Head of Office in project implementation and operation. Report weekly and monthly all conducted activities to Head of office. Coordinate all activities with internal departments of Istanbul office. Maintain good relationships with all stakeholders of the project.
1) Support the Head of Office in developing, implementing project activities, of case management and outreach,
2) Coordinate, plan and manage the day-to-day operations, activities and staff of the project in compliance with AAR Japan policies, codes and standard operating procedures,
3) Create and maintain constructive coordination, including referral pathways, with internal project departments and with various external stakeholders and service providers,
4) Support Head of Office in evaluating the case management and outreach project by conducting quality control through on-the-spot monitoring and evaluation of the activities conducted in the project site,
5) Responsible for weekly and monthly planning of activities implementation,
8) Responsible for qualitative of the project activities,
9) Draft and submit weekly and monthly progress reports to Head of Office.
Bachelor degree in a relevant educational field.
2-3 years’ experience in relevant humanitarian field.
Native Turkish speaker and fluency in English is a MUST.
Ability to work on Microsoft Office application (word, excel and outlook)
Arabic language is an asset.
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their English CV, cover letter to email provided in the apply button indicating the code number which is 11-DSO-2019 in the subject line after filling the application form on :
by the 30th of October 2019.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned