Position: Project Officer
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: 12 months
About RI: Relief International (RI) specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
RI in Turkey is about to start a Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (BPRM) funded project in Istanbul. The project will have four main areas of focus (1) provision of specialized mental health and psychosocial services; (2) provision of comprehensive physical rehabilitation services; (3) community health; (4) livelihood for Syrian refugees with disability (linkage with employment opportunities and self-employment). For the implementation of this project, RI has four (4) local partners.
RI is seeking qualified personnel to cover the position of Project Officer.
- 1 Project Officer – with a focus on al livelihood
The Project Officer will support the overall da-to-day management of the project(s) assigned by collaborating with the Project Manager and the overall teams, program and support departments.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support Project Manager in planning, monitoring and implementing the assigned project
- Support Project Manager in ensuring activities are in line with the approved project proposal, budget and implementation plan;
- Support the project continuous supervision and monitoring of project activities, regularly evaluating progress of the outputs and targets (through on track/off track assessments) and recommend corrective actions in coordination with Project Manager to mitigate any delay in implementation.
- Preparing/raising procurement requests (PRs) as needed based on project procurement plan/spend down plan.
- Liaise internally with all support departments to ensure the smooth implementation of the project, in compliance with internal and donor’s regulation.
- Actively participate in and contribute to program kick off meetings, grant review meetings and grant closeout meetings
- Support the drafting of donor narrative reports and other internal program reports and submit to the Project Manager for finalization
- Support Project Manager in the revision of the internal BVAs and identify corrective measures to avoid underspending/overspending
- Support the organization and implementation of needs assessment, as required and requested by Project Manager
- Perform other tasks and duties as requested by the Project Manager.
- Support the Project Manager in the work with RI’s partners to develop details workplan, budgets and spend down plans to ensure accuracy of action
- Work with RI’s partners to achieve agreed targets and activities and build and maintain healthy relationship with them
- Along with the Project Manager, conduct regular follow-up with the implementing partners to ensure the timely implementation of the projects, donor compliance
- Conduct weekly follow up with partners and provide inputs to the Project Manager to inform about the weekly progress.
- Participate with Project Manager in monthly and quarterly review meetings with partners
- Support Project Manager in the review of partners’ financial and technical narratives, in collaboration with other relevant departments (Grants/Finance/M&E)
- Support the revision of partners’ financial documentation, budget versus actual (BVA), issues letters, etc.
- Ensure partner quality of the program through compliance and adherence to RI, donor and national policies, procedures and guidelines, as well as internationally recognized standards.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Monitor partners achievement vs targets and raise concerns to Project Manager as well as partners
- Support Project Manager in liaising internally with M&E and Technical Units and ensure issues identified in partners’ M&E systems/data are raised and followed up with partners
- Support M&E and Technical units in the organization and implementation of project’s impact evaluation and assessments
- Support the Project Manager in contributing to RI’s knowledge management efforts through collating lessons learned and best practices and disseminating to the team and partners
Communication and Coordination
- Develop and maintain regular and transparent supportive communication structures
- Under the guidance of the Project Manager, participate in program unit’s meetings and any other internal/external meeting related to the project.
Qualifications & requirements:
- Bachelor and/or Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Minimum two-three years of experience in project management in Livelihood and/or Health related projects
- Knowledge and familiarity with donor regulations (BPRM);
- Fluency in English and Turkish;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently;
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, and ability to think critically and creatively;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience and diplomacy;
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
- Preference will be given to Turkish citizens.
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
- We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- We value
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
How to Apply:
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to provided in the apply/başvur button before February 21, 2020, stating in the subject “Project Officer-Livelihood“ All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey"
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of the applications