Post Title: Project Officer
Location: Mardin, Turkey
Duration: 12 months (with 2 months of probation)
Benefits: Competitive package
Closing Date: 30.09.2020
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview.
WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Brief about the project:
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the resilience of the targeted households, (host community and SuTP) with prior experience in the open land agricultural sector and/or with experience in the field of food-processing and Mushroom production. The project will be creating income-generating opportunities through open land agriculture and Agro-Processing activities, building their capacity via technical courses as well as promoting social cohesion between and Syrian refugees and host communities in Turkey. Additionally, the project will focus on women empowerment and cooperatives to generate income and create a linkage between the host community and refugee communities.
General Position Summary:
The role will support the management and delivery of projects throughout Mardin / Midyat with promoting Sustainable Agriculture outcomes. It includes budget management; contract management; stakeholder communication and management; and monitoring, evaluation, and reporting. The role has a strong focus on motivates, farmers, to look at agriculture as a business
The position is including leadership, guidance, and operational support to the realization of results-based policy and technical assistance, governance, capacity development towards more sustainable agriculture activity, improved access to markets, sustainable value chain development.
Description of Duties:
- As part of the project team, the project officer will be responsible for fulfilling the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage and implement a portfolio of projects that help inform incentives to increase adoption of agricultural practices at scale
- Assists to Agriculture Expert, to Develop an effective and coherent strategy for implementing the agriculture practices in the vegetable production system Facilitate the formation of farmers in the project implementation sites of Mardin / Midyat
- Organize meetings to select potential beneficiaries who are interested to do agriculture activity.
- Supporting the coordination and monitoring of project activities at the field level, ensuring implementation schedules are met as per the detailed activity plan, and that adherence to systems for quality project implementation is strengthened.
- Maintain financial responsibility including working within/managing a budget to complete projects, negotiating and contracting with vendors
- Coordinate relevant stakeholders and service providers to deliver training to project beneficiaries
- Monitor groups and individual application of knowledge and skills transfer from training for attitude and behavior transformation, changes in production levels and compliance with quality standards
- Verify the accuracy of data collected for tracking of indicators in the project
- Assist in the baseline, midterm or end of project evaluations for the project
- Represent the project in the stakeholders' meetings related to project or as may be assigned by the head of project
- Assist the Project Manager in budget development, reviews, and review of project expenditure, as may be required from time to time.
- Compile and submit monthly updates and quarterly project reports to the Project Manager within the set deadlines
- Ensure program compliance with internal policies and external requirements
- Under minimal supervision, makes independent decisions based on analysis, experience and context
- Undertake the proper maintenance of the project assets and ensure proper use of other project resources assigned to him/her.
- Work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances
- Supporting the Head of Project and other relevant project staff in the implementation of the project activities.
- Performing any other tasks related to the project when assigned by the supervisor(s).
In addition to the above, the Project Officer might be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Head of Project, Senior Project Officer, or other colleagues as needed.
- Education: Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in agricultural production or equivalent in international development, rural development or a related field is highly preferable
- Working experience:
- One or more years of working experience in a related position is preferable and preferably in a non-profit organization, or otherwise in a humanitarian setting
- Knowledge of agronomy and agricultural best management principles particularly related to agriculture activity in Mardin / Turkey
- Experience negotiating complex agreements.
- Supervisory experience.
- Highly motivated individuals to augment our aggressive growth plan.
- Good knowledge and experience in open land agriculture activities.
- Excellent diplomatic skills and sensitivity to the range of different cultural styles
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills, commitment, and motivation
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability and willingness to apply to decision-making and guide activities
- Prepare weekly work plans and organize schedules for the team in order to complete tasks in an appropriate manner.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards
- Experience to lead in conducting interviews/assessments
- Good Computer Skills and knowledge of common computer programs, particularly MS Office
- Personality requirements: Ability to integrate in a transcultural team, hardworking, good communication skills, ability to motivate and develop skills of others, attentive to detail, co-operative, good humor, able to work independently and with remote supervision. Ability to adjust to the mentalities of the duty station. A high degree of self-discipline and diplomatic competence.
- Language Skills: Fluency in Arabic and English, Kurdish and Turkish is strong asset .
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 30.09.2020 latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
Please read the privacy notice.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.