Post Title: Project Officer
Location: Hatay, Turkey
Duration: Until 31.03.2021 (with 2 months of probation and possibility of extension)
Benefits: Competitive package
Closing Date: 18.10.2020
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Description of Duties:
As part of the project team, the Project Officer will be responsible for fulfilling following tasks and
- Support in the setting up, preparation, implementation of the Case Management and the SNF (Special Needs Fund) project activities
- Support the documentation and reporting of the Case Management and the SNF (Special Needs Fund) project activities according to the regulations of Welthungerhilfe and donors.
- Support in the preparation of necessary project documents (e.g. questionnaires in coordination with MEAL department).
- Support WHH departments in project related activities.
- Whenever necessary, represent WHH, attending UN-cluster meetings and meet with other stakeholders.
- Organization of project activities outside of the office e.g. registration plans, distribution plans, etc.
- Coordinate with the Head of Project and the Protection Expert in the protection-related activities
- Prepare monthly and weekly plans for the Case Management and the SNF (Special Needs Fund) project activities in coordination with the Head of Project and other relevant staff.
- Coordinate with Logistics and/or Finance for purchase of items/payment of assistance under the Case Management and the SNF (Special Needs Fund) activities.
- Monitor progress of project activities related to Case Management and SNF (Special Needs Fund)
- Provide assistance to Head of Project in financial administration of project
- Support the Head of Project in the preparation of further project proposals
- Follow-up project needs and take part to find solutions regarding problems the project faces, inform Head of Project accordingly
- Support Head of Project in writing reports to the WHH Country Office as well as Donor reports
- Support Head of Project and other relevant staff in the seasonal support cash card project activities.
In addition to the above, the Project Officer might be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Supervisor.
- Education: : A Degree in relevant field (Social Science, Humanities, etc.)
- Preferably 3-5 years of working experience in community development, social work-related position and preferably in a non-profit organization
- Previous experience in managing teams
- Previous experience in writing reports and setting up plans
- Objective analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written skills (presenting complex information coherently and succinctly).
- Ability to coordinate complex projects, including the ability to assess priorities and manage competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Prepare weekly work plans and organize schedules for the team in order to complete tasks in an appropriate manner.
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards
- Good Computer Skills and knowledge of common computer programs, particularly MS Office
- Ability to integrate in a transcultural team, hardworking, good communication skills, ability to motivate and develop skills of others, attentive to detail, co-operative, good humor and able to work independently.
- Language Skills: Fluent English (written & spoken) and Turkish, Arabic is an asset.
The Project Officer will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 18.10.2020 latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
Please read the privacy notice.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.