Project Operations & Security Officer
iMFAD invites applicants for Project Operations & Security Officer who will be responsible for planning and monitoring all the office and project operation and staff security. S/he will be stationed in Gaziantep. S/he will visit Aleppo, Syria to support iMFAD teams working in Syria. S/he will be the main person assisting and advising to the Project/Program Manager in terms of operational activities and security situation in the field.
The main responsibility of the Project Operation and Security Officer is to provide general security in Gaziantep office. S/he will support the teams working in Syria, to ensure that measures are taken, and teams are transported and carried safely before, during and after the task, to process all the actions of the teams on the current and operat
ion maps. S/he will take measures to ensure the safety of the activities, as required.
- Work cross-border as required.
- Report to Managers/Senior Managers/Directors as required
- Demonstrate commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Communicate efficiently with multiple teams\employees of different backgrounds or nationalities
- Communicate with local and/or relevant authorities in Turkey and North West Syria to have updates on security issues,
- Work overtime as required.
- Establish good relations with donors and partners in terms of daily communication, reporting and field implementation,
- Communicate with field staff to provide support and clarification as needed
- Prepare monthly supporting documents
- Archive all the documents relevant to operations
- Fulfill all the demands pertaining to team operations process
- Work closely with the operations team on the implementation of the projects
- Maintain confidentiality of project and staff documents
- Keep record and coordinate of the communication lines
- Implement any other activity requested by administration
- Follows all vehicle/staff movements related to the operation, informs the team leaders/members and program managers and security personnel on safety/security situations,
- Evaluates instant changes and developments in security issues with security officers on site and coordinates with relevant people and local and public authorities,
- Informs the project and program managers on the expected security situations of the following day, processes it on the map, fills the reports on daily activities, and submits to the relevant authorities.
- Ability to write clearly and coherently.
- Organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and in a multi-cultural setting.
- Excellent Interpersonal communication skills.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements
- Graduate degree from a University or graduate of vocational school with 5 years of work experience.
- EOD International Mine Action Standards (IMAS) level 2 at minimum, or equivalent military/police standard qualified.
- Knowledge and experience of EOD and ERW clearance methodologies.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in Humanitarian Mine Action (HMA), commercial or military mine/ERW/UXO clearance.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Knowledge of IMAS, Non-technical Survey (NTS), Battle Area Clearance (BAC).
- Flexibility, cultural awareness and sensitivity are essential.
- Computer literacy including proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
- Desirable: Experience in high-risk/hardship environments is an asset. Experience working within or with humanitarian NGOs is an asset.
Fluency in written and spoken Turkish and English is essential.
Fluency in written and spoken Arabic is desired.
The Project Operations and Security Officer will work mostly in Gaziantep in close contact with the Project staff in the fields of Aleppo in connection with the Office in Ar Raee and/or Azaz/ Syria to perform her/his duties. She/He will usually work within basic working hours unless there’s a need for her/him to meet deadlines.
Possible Start Date
01 August 2020
Expected GROSS salary will be approximately ….USD net per month.
To apply please email your CV, diploma and relevant certificates
Please note that the closing date for vacancies is 16 June 2020 at 17:00 (Turkey time).
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.
- Finance, Log and Admin Assistant
- Field M&E, Media and Logistics Officer (Aleppo /Ar Raee (Azaz) / Syria)
- Community Liaison Team leader & RE ToT Trainer (Aleppo/Ar Raee (Azaz) /Syria)
- Field Finance&HR&Admin Officer (Aleppo/Ar Raee (Azaz) /Syria)
- Survey/Disposal Team Member (Aleppo/Ar Raee (Azaz) /Syria)
- Field Manager and Security Officer (Aleppo/Ar Raee(Azaz)/Syria)