Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD)/Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Fatih Community Center - İstanbul, the Project PHC Officer is under the line management of the Project Manager.
- Provide regular health education to beneficiaries, direct them to receive their services “treatment” in coordination with the project case manager assistants and
- Guidance and Orientation
- Organize and Provide awareness Activities
- Draft and Submit Weekly and Monthly Progress Reports
- Other Duties
- Provide regular health education to beneficiaries, direct them to receive their services “treatment” in coordination with the project case manager assistants
- Giving awareness to the beneficiaries about medical related topic wish is affecting people in the surrounding areas of implementation throughout sessions for group, take for individuals or during some of the activates of the project.
- Make sure that beneficiaries who need urgent support will be sent to services provider “through our service napping” through coordinating those cases with case management team.
- Guidance and Orientation
- Identify vulnerable migrants and refugees and take steps to provide them with necessary information and guidance and coordination with relevant institutions and organizations;
- Identify training needs arising from strategic and local agendas for people;
- Meet migrants and refugees to provide necessary guidance and orientation to ease their access to the available services and increase their literacy.
- Organize and Provide
- Contribute to organization of briefings, awareness (temporary protection, family reunification, education or health services available etc.);
- Preparation of informative materials on relevant topics;
- Create and adapt materials to the culture of the beneficiaries;
- Propose initiative to improve awareness and behavior change methods;
- Ensure that work is underpinned by sound, up-to-date knowledge of health promotion theory and make sure that projects are based on evidence of effectiveness. Via consulting with DDD medical coordinator.
- Work closely with other specialists and service providers;
- Coordinate with other stakeholders working on the same area;
- Propose and implement health promotion events according to the project activities schedule.
- Provide specialist advice and resources to other agencies, such as schools and local communities.
- Draft and Submit weekly and monthly progress reports
- She/he will write monthly reports on all the activities implemented as requested by the Field Manager according to the project and management indicators;
- She/he will assist the Project Manager in providing sufficient and detailed information for program reporting and evaluation;
- Based on the on-going monitoring of the activities, she/he will ensure lessons learnt and success stories from the project are documented and reported to her/his manager;
- She/he will ensure that each of her/his sessions is documented to comply with donor audit requirements.
- Other Duties
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organization of field trips and DDD activities;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
- University Degree in Nursing
- 2 years in similar Position
- Required: English, French (oral and written)
- Preferred: Turkish
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 05.01.2020.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- Deputy Logistic Coordinator
- PROJECT PSYCHOSOCIAL COUNSELLOR-BAĞCILAR
- MEAL ASSISTANT - AFRIN
- MEAL ASSISTANT-IDLIB
- LIAISON OFFICER - AFRIN
- ADMIN & HR ASSISTANT-AFRIN
- TEAM LEADER (LEAD DOCTOR) - AFRIN
- INTERNIST DOCTOR - IDLIB
- PAEDIATRICIAN - IDLIB
- LABORATORY DOCTOR - IDLIB
- GRANTS MANAGER - ISTANBUL
- DATA ENTRY OFFFICER - IDLIB