Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Izmir, the Project Researcher is under the line management of the Project Manager.
- Research & Data Interpretation
- Documentation and reporting
- Communication and team working
- Other related duties
Research & Data Interpretation
- Develop and conduct given research assignments as per the entity requirement and expectation, outlining objectives
- Plan, direct and undertake pilot studies and fieldwork, delivering frequent project updates;
- Interpret data through design of surveys, questionnaires, polls etc. specific to research requirements;
- Test research methodologies to confirm intended purpose of evaluation;
- Perform fieldwork, interviews, experiments, concept-test, etc. to gather data;
- Utilize various professional sources to find and extract pertinent information;
- Organize and maintain research databases;
Documentation and reporting
- Summarize project results and prepare articles, reports, and presentations for external stakeholders;
- Ensure proper presentation of research findings in collaboration with other stakeholders involved or relevant in the same area;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract.
Teamwork and communication
- To be able to work as part of a team and participate in project activities as required;
- Liaise with projects colleagues and partners, whilst maintaining the priorities and timeframes defined by project workload and deadlines;
- Provide the required explanations to study subjects, obtaining formal consent if necessary; and ensuring respect for the dignity of the beneficiaries;
Other related duties
- Administrative duties related to the analysis and research, such as handling correspondence, mailings, data entry;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract;
- Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Postgraduate qualification and/or specialist knowledge
- Extensive and proven experience in field of research
- On-the-job training and research experience;
- Extensive knowledge in the use of collection, analysis and reporting tools;
- Excellent research and analysis capacities;
Skills and qualities required
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with ability to articulate an idea clearly and concisely in public;
- Good interpersonal skills, team spirit and ability to establish effective relationships with people of different nationalities and backgrounds.
- Diplomacy, multi-cultural flexibility, and a strong sense of integrity;
- Commitment in the project thematic and strong believe in concepts of equity, human rights, neutrality and impartiality;
- Attention to details and critical thinking;
- Strong planning and organisational skills and good ability to make proactive suggestions;
- Ability to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations;
- Proficient using of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel Outlook), data management and statistic applications.
- Advanced speaking and writing skills both in Turkish and English.
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 30.06.2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- MHPSS CLINICAL SUPERVISOR - ISTANBUL
- PROJECT MANAGER - YENİKAPI
- PROJECT NURSE - YENİKAPI
- PROJECT CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT - YENİKAPI
- PROJECT CASE MANAGEMENT OFFICER - YENİKAPI
- PROJECT ADMINISTRATION AND LOGISTIC OFFICER - YENİKAPI
- PROJECT COMMUNITY EVENT OFFICER - YENİKAPI
- SENIOR COMMUNICATION OFFICER - ISTANBUL
- SENIOR PARTNERSHIP OFFICER - ISTANBUL
- SENIOR REPORTING OFFICER - ISTANBUL
- REGISTRAR - AFRİN
- CLEANER - AFRİN
- COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER - AFRİN
- GENERAL PRACTITIONER/MEDICAL DOCTOR - AFRİN
- LABORATORY TECHNICIAN - AFRİN
- NURSE - AFRİN
- PSYCHOTHERAPIST - AFRİN
- CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT-AFRİN
- GYNAECOLOGIST - AFRİN
- PROJECT LOGISTIC ASSISTANT - JINDERES
- PROJECT REGISTRAR - JINDIRES
- PROJECT CLEANER - JINDIRES
- PROJECT GENERAL PRACTITIONER - JINDIRES
- PROJECT GUARD - JINDIRES
- LABORATORY TECHNICIAN - JINDIRES
- PROJECT MIDWIFE - JINDIRES
- PROJECT NURSE - JINDIRES
- PROJECT PSYCHOTHERAPIST - JINDIRES
- PROJECT CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT - JINDIRES
- PROJECT GYNAECOLOGIST - JINDIRES
- PROJECT MIDWIFE ASSISTANT - JINDIRES
- PROJECT COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER - JINDIRES
- PHARMACY ASSISTANT - İZMİR
- MEDICAL OFFICER - İZMİR
- HEALTH PROMOTER - İZMİR
- MEDICAL OFFICER - MANİSA
- PHARMACY ASSISTANT - MANİSA
- PROJECT FIELD ASSISTANT - TOWN TWINNING
- PROTECTION MANAGER - ISTANBUL
- GRANT MANAGER SYRIA
- MHPSS MANAGER TURKEY
- PROJECT MIDWIFE - İZMİR
- PROJECT REGISTRAR - SULTANGAZİ