Position Title: PROJECT SUPERVISOR
Duty Station: Turkey - Gaziantep
Duration: 11 Months
Position Category: Full-time
Bir Dünya Çocuk (Children of One World)
Bir Dünya Çocuk (Children of One World) a non-governmental, non-profit organization, which has a multinational and multicultural structure, is dedicated to providing child protection services and advocating for child rights.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is looking forward to a one world where all children attain their rights and dignity based on their best of interest.
From 2014 to 2018, Bir Dünya Çocuk could reach more than half million boy, girl, man and woman with a specialized Child Protection and Education services, while we are still proving a prominent intervention to contribute prevention, mitigate suffering, empower children participation and advocate for best interests of child.
In addition, Bir Dünya Çocuk Turkey is also focusing on social cohesion and social interaction between refugee and host community NGOs.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is a member of The Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action, Child Rights Connect, End Violence against Children and in a special consultative status with UN Economic and Social Council.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is proud that 60% of its employees are female.
About the role:
This is an 11 months project management position based in Gaziantep. The Project aims to reduce the exposure to protection risks of the most vulnerable non-Syrian refugees by enhancing their capacity to access basic and protection services and building their personal resilience. Project includes outreach, IPA/CM and language – vocational training.
You will report to Turkey Protection Programme Coordinator and manage the project team of one officer and two assistants. You will work closely with other project supervisors. You will communicate with Government counterparts, donors, UN agencies, NGOs and Sectoral Working Groups.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Developing and implementing for project management plan, in coordination with line manager and other respective departments, and according to agreed proposal scope, logical framework and timeline.
- Developing, monitoring and updating a relevant Risk Analysis plan dedicated to the project.
- Engaging with competent departments/personnel to accomplish tasks and requirements pertaining directly to project (MEAL, HR, Logistic & Procurement, A&F, R&D and others)
- Conducting and maintaining comprehensive and full project documentation and archiving.
- Participating actively as projects team member to improve department efficiency, reduce costs and assist in improvement of services and projects.
- Supervising and stimulating procurement activities as required ensuring on time delivery of components and equipment.
- Preparing, developing and submitting all reports pertaining to the project.
- Feeding other relevant reports, information systems with data/information related to the project
- Developing project closure plan considering ethical and do no harm principles
- Managing project staff relationships, roles, responsibilities.
- Developing a clear and direct presentation on project’s definition of project scope, objectives, duration, beneficiaries, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinating with MEAL to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Contribute to project strategies and to programme development in protection sector.
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct and associated policies to project team.
- Ability to support project officer for case management and IPA cases.
Coordination and Representation
- Developing, maintaining and improving any coordination relationships vital to project success, and to ensure inclusive, sustained, quality impact.
- Represent organization and project with project partners, partner meetings and donor.
- Represent project with respective Turkish authorities including PDoFLSS.
- Coordinate project activities with other project coordinators.
- Oversee internal and external referral mechanism.
- Represent and share relevant information on sectoral working groups.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferable in education, psychology, sociology or) in related subject area
- Minimum 2 years of experience working within the protection or education sector for a humanitarian organization.
- Turkish is essential and proficiency in English is required
- Experience in case management and/or IPA is essential.
- Knowledge about referral pathways.
- Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability and willingness to travel for representation of the project to the partner meetings
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Commitment to equal opportunity and gender practice
- Willingness to contribute to expansion of a dedicated, multicultural organization
- Possess leadership skills.
- Good knowledge about legislation and permits.
- Basic or advance Arabic skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multicultural team and culturally sensitive
- Ability to cope with stress; work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Flexibility, adaptability, sense of humour, and patience
- Ability to motivate and develop skills of others
- Facilitation and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter outlining their interest and qualifications for the position by email, no later than 08 November 2019. Only short listed candidates will be called for an interview. Please mention the Vacancy Number (TR-019-28) for which you are applying in the subject line of the email. Please follow the instruction carefully. Bir Dünya Çocuk might not consider incomplete information. Please be informed that interviews will be start before deadline.
Bir Dünya Çocuk Derneği
One world where all children attain their rights and dignity based on their best of interest.
1 - To contribute to prevention of children from all kinds of abuse, violence, neglect, discrimination, and exploitation.
2 - To mitigate suffering, ensuring quality and effective response.
3 - To empower children’s participation and encourage sustainable development for and with children.
4 – To advocate for a creative and supportive environment with optimum resources that guarantee the best interest of children.