We are looking for a highly motivated individual, graduated from university, who would be interested in joining us for a valuable experience in the Syria Response as proposal writer.
The areas to be covered are: FSL, WASH, Shelter and NFI, Early Recovery, Protection, Education, Civil Society, Health.
The candidate should have previous experience in preparing proposals, deep understanding of donors’ requirements and fluidity in writing both in English and Arabic.
- Organise databases with information on call for proposals/tenders
- Prepare summaries of the calls for proposals/tenders
- Run research and collect information to prepare the proposals/tenders justification
- Prepare parts of or full applications under the supervision of the Unit Head
- Follow up together with the relevant Program/project manager on the application, if required
- Prepare parts of the regular/donor reports and coordinate with Project managers to finalise the reports
- Address the feedback received within the proposals/reports received from the donors
- Work on relevant research/assessments as requested
- Minimum Education Degree: Bachelor’s or MA degree
- Education Major required: Social Science, Project Management, International Development
- Highly desirable, PMP certification.
- Highly desirable, involvement in donor negotiation discussions.
- Highly desirable, successful track record with ECHO, DFID, USAID, EC, other international donors.
- Strong communication, writing and reporting skills
- IT skills ((Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Proficiency in English and Arabic
- Previous experience in writing and designing proposals/tenders or preparing reports
- Knowledge of the Syrian environment and of the NGOs’ sector
- Previous experience in an NGO will be highly desirable, but not mandatory
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate.
How to apply
- All interested candidates in the position who meet the requirements, please click on the link to apply: https://watan.foundation/Vacancies/Jobs_Details/3414?lang=en
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.