Protection Mainstreaming and Inclusion Expert
|Head of Project||Uluslararası Organizasyonlar|
|İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe! We are one of the largest and most respected private organizations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. We are a politically independent and non-denominational organization, our value-oriented actions are always based on humanitarian principles. Our vision is a world in which everyone has the chance and the right to lead a self-determined life in dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty.
Welthungerhilfe's Head Office is in Bonn, Germany whilst the Syria Response is managed from our Country Office in Gaziantep. Welthungerhilfe was established in Turkey in 2013 specifically to help people who are affected by the Syria Crisis. Since then, the organisation has expanded its program scope and scale to make the greatest possible contribution to meeting humanitarian needs in Turkey and North West Syria. Welthungerhilfe has field offices in Azaz and Afrin, as well as Ankara, Istanbul, Hatay and Mardin. The Syria Response program includes food security, WASH services, Shelter and NFI services, protection, early recovery and livelihood.
If you want to become part of this joint mission in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Protection Mainstreaming and Inclusion Expert*
The position is to be filled by March 1, 2023, with a contract until the end date of the project. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Gaziantep, Turkey. The position is paid according to [[paygrade]].
Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director and technical supervision of Protection Adviser, the Protection Mainstreaming and Inclusion Expert (PMIE) will engage with partners and will oversee all the protection-focused capacity-building activities foreseen in the project. In this respect, s/he will coordinate with the other experts on the assessment of technical areas to identify existing gaps, as well as on the development and delivery of the partners’ support plans and development of the necessary materials/processes in alignment with the best practices to address the priority needs. S/he will also supervise three project staff (Community-Based Protection Expert, Social Services Expert, and Protection Guidance Officer). S/he will be based in Gaziantep but will need to do frequent visits to Ankara.
- Specifically design protection mainstreaming, accessibility and inclusion related materials of the capacity building project and coordinate the areas related to the community-based protection, case management and referral.
- Develop/refine and deliver tools and mechanisms to foster mainstreaming and incorporating protection principles and approaches at all levels of the humanitarian response, ensuring effective consideration and implementation of the Centrality of Protection in the response in Türkiye.
- Along with the other experts, identify and assess protection technical and quality capacity for project partners on different areas gaps identified and highlighted through capacity building plan.
- Coordinate and arrange the logistics of the trainings, supporting with invitation of partners, identification of venue and transport (in collaboration with WHH Operations Unit).
- Lead on procurement requests for translation services for technical resources and training materials.
- Supervise the implementation to ensure adherence to project work plan and monitoring and evaluation plan in collaboration with Protection Advisor
- Lead and coordinate donor reports and store all project documentation including but not limited to capacity building assessment report, partner-based capacity building plans, training reports, supervision and monitoring reports.
- Oversee group-based trainings and supervision on case management, community-based protection and protection mainstreaming and inclusion.
- Administer pre- and post-test for training participants including drafting the test and consolidating analysis of the test results.
- Consolidate various training materials utilized during the training sessions including some adjusted modules and other training documents.
- Ensure appropriate use of WHH Syria Response Protection Manual to promote program quality and holistic approaches, including Individual Protection Intervention SOP, Community-Based Protection Guideline, and Protection Mainstreaming Assessment System.
- Ensure continuation of WHH’s role as a lead agency in training and capacity development for protection through the current project and in conjunction with the Protection Working Group and sub-working groups.
- Ensure alignment of partners with minimum protection response requirements, approaches and interventions.
- Conduct observations of activities and share recommendations to improve the quality of technical approaches used in the field;
- Conduct quality assurance assessments including protection mainstreaming assessment in intervention areas;
- Conduct regular observations on activities and approaches implemented by partners and share field reports and recommendations to improve the quality of the technical approaches used by partners
- Education: Advanced University degree in Human rights; Anthropology; Social Science; Community Development; Gender Studies; or another relevant field.
- Work Experience:
- 3 to 5 years professional experience in capacity development, support, and training of staff, partners in the field of protection is required
- Strong experience in designing and facilitating protection-focused training programs and adult learning with proven skills in facilitating sessions for diverse groups with specific focus on local civil society organizations.
- Strong knowledge of protection mainstreaming principles, inclusion of persons with disabilities and older people as well as of the humanitarian architecture in a refugee context.
- Experience working in international organizations, humanitarian community, familiarity with the humanitarian reform, localization and Protection Working Group priorities/strategies.
- Strong coordination and collaboration skills to engage different stakeholder in capacity building activities according to their needs.
- Must be capable of applying their skills and knowledge in a range of capacities, including direct implementation, advisory functions, training and the transfer of technical knowledge and management skills to others.
- Social Skills: Strong interpersonal skills, coordination expertise and capacity to work under pressure
- Language Skills: English and Turkish (written& spoken) is essential for this position.
- Working with communication materials and knowledge products
- Proven knowledge of computerized systems; high degree of computer literacy and word processing and Excel skills
- Knowledge file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision with the ability to deliver tasks timely.
- Ability to build a network and work in a team under pressure.
- Good reporting skills
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits.
WHH receives funds from its donors for projects. If necessary funds are secured the duration of the announced post may be extended. If project funding is not secured the activities will stop completely and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by February 8, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency. Your contact person is Elif Topal.
Please read the privacy notice.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.