Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in DDD Coordination Head Office, Istanbul, the Protection manager works under the line management of the MHPSS Coordinator to support the Turkey and Syria program team.
- Mainstreaming of Protection guidelines across DDD MHPSS overall programming.
- Supporting and guiding DDD program team to ensure protection mechanisms are standardized across the organization.
- Developing protection guidelines following international standards and ensuring that they are effectively understood and implemented by the program team in the field
- Working closely with the MHPSS team and field coordinators to provide technical guidance in Protection mainstreaming
- Planning, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the project, ensuring timely and quality delivery of services as per approved project’s proposal
- Ensure, in line with DDD internal rules and regulations, donor regulations and international humanitarian standard (such as SPHERE) are applied during the management of the project
-Conduct regular field visits to assess program quality and progress toward objectives, facilitate collective problem solving with staff and other stakeholders to address challenges
- Liaising with non-state actors, UN agencies, NGOs, and donors at field site level within all relevant sectors, in coordination with DDD executive management.
- Ensure appropriate budget management
- Monitor the risks and threats around the project(s), documenting the situation and analyzing the consequences of political decisions and share with the team in a timely manner.
- Proactively participate in relevant technical coordination meetings and working groups.
- Provide technical supervision and guidance to the program team
- Be responsible of the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff’s development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities he/she is accountable for
- Identify training needs, provide individual follow up and coaching, carry out end of mission evaluation of the team members and lead internal communication initiatives in order to facilitate people’s integration and professional development and to maximize their capabilities and commitment to project’s goals.
- Developing regular reports, including donor reporting ensuring accurate data collection and timely submission
- Work closely with the M&E team to ensure accurate data collection and reporting are submitted in a timely manner for all activities within the project
- Ability to travel whenever requested;
- Any other relevant tasks, as requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities
Knowledge & Qualification
- University degree or equivalent level public health disciplines, social sciences, international development or similar. Desirable degree/Master in Project Management.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar capacity;
- At least 3 years of significant international experience in similar positions or in humanitarian sector
- Extensive working experiences in Project Management
- Sound knowledge of PCM
- Solid knowledge of financial monitoring and reporting tools
- Required: English (oral and written);
- Preferred: Turkish & Arabic
IT & Equipment
- Proficient in computerised accounting systems and strong spreadsheet skills;
- Good proficiency with Microsoft Office package;
Intellectual & Physical
- Analytical thinking to evaluate different approaches/solutions for a specific environment;
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment;
- Ability to seek, collect, and critically analyses data and information needed to achieve the tasks;
Communication & Information flow
- Listening skills;
- Written and spoken communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills and able to communicate with people at all levels;
General Qualities required:
- Ability to work with a team as well as to work independently;
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Organisation, planning and prioritising abilities;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is July, 17th, 2019.
This job description can be modified at any time according to changes in DDD activities or in the context with prior notice and agreement between the two parties. On requirement of the direct supervisor, other tasks might be added to that present list.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.