International Sustainability and Development Yönetim Danışmanlık Hizmetleri ve Ticaret Limited Şirketi (hereinafter “ISD”) is seeking a Protection Manager to join our team. ISD is an international development company that promotes meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
2. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Protection Manager will be part of the ISD team who will develop, design, and plan ISD’s integrated interventions to enhance access and quality of education for all children. S/he will identify, develop, and monitor implementation of ISD’s psychosocial and inclusive education training modules to strengthen psychosocial support and improve learning environment as well as the protection and psychosocial well-being of learners, teachers, and other education personnel. The Protection Manager will work closely with the Program team to ensure the integration and streamlining of child protection principles as part of the program education quality interventions.
Protection Manager will adhere to and act in accordance with ISD’s professional code of ethics, “Living Our Values,” and will make the principles of the code a part of the program’s culture and operating procedures. S/he will uphold ISD's safeguarding standards at all times and will promote a safeguarding culture among partners, beneficiaries, and staff. S/he will also foster and maintain good relationships with potential and actual grantees, will disclose any affiliations that could be perceived as a conflict of interest, and will maintain confidentiality regarding program activities.
3. DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the development of program’s psychosocial and inclusive education training modules to strengthen psychosocial support and inclusion in the learning environment as well as the protection and psychosocial well-being of learners, teachers and other education personnel.
- Work closely with Program team to develop and plan an integrated approach to deliver ISD’s Protection interventions in all provinces targeted by ISD.
- Liaise with education actors to facilitate the integration of child protection practices and protocols at both school and directorate levels.
- Supports the scale up of complaints mechanisms and a child protection allegation reporting system.
- Assist with arrangements for PSS/Inclusion conferences for stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Ensures the technical quality of design and delivery of psychosocial training modules, continually incorporating feedback from the field and MEL activities.
- Oversee the technical implementation of the training modules by local partner(s) or staff.
- Work closely with the MEL director to develop monitoring and evaluation tools and plans related to child protection interventions.
- Actively contribute to the project’s strategic analysis to ensure alignment of program objectives with the evolving conflict, political and security situation in Syria.
- Contribute to a wide range of project communication products, leveraging the full spectrum of available programmatic and researched-based data to create, in coordination with programme team and DFID products that demonstrate the programme’s strategy, impact, presence and preparedness for rapid risk mitigation
4. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
The assignment is long-term through the life of the programme
5. LOCATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The assignment will be conducted in Gaziantep with intermittent travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience working in child protection, including developing and implementing psychosocial training and plans.
- Strong understanding of best practices of inclusive education for vulnerable children and children with disabilities.
- Experience mentoring and providing technical oversight to staff preferred.
- Strong understanding about the context, conflict and security situation in Syria, previous experience in Syria strongly preferred.
- Experience working with different levels of stakeholders; local actors, local and International NGOs
- Knowledge of the political humanitarian and education sector dynamics within the Syrian context.
- Team player with strong communication and writing skills
- Professional proficiency speaking, reading, and writing English and Arabic required.
- Turkish nationality is required
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid Turkish ID will be considered.
7. SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
The Protection Manager will report to Programme Lead
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter provided in the apply button referring to the position they are applying for by December 18th, 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.