International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation-IBC is looking for Protection Officer (National Contract Only) according to following qualifications.
International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation – IBC is an emerging NGO. IBC acts with impartiality in the belief that people are created equal and have the right to dignity, proper sheltering, food, healthcare, education and proper standards of living. The organization has since then been supporting vulnerable and marginalized groups such as refugees, IDPs, people with disabilities and children.
Position: Protection Officer (National Contract Only)
Job Duration: 8 months & renevable, Full Time
· Under the direct supervision of Protection Coordinator and Programme Coordinator , the Protection Officer ( PO) support the Info Hub to develop coordinated, efficient and measurable protection for Syrian refugees with Protection Case Workers
· Based in İstanbul but regular field visits in Istanbul, Konya, Bursa and Şanlıurfa
· If needed, properly assess, refer and accompany beneficiaries in need of physical/mental health treatment/support to specialized services.
· Support to conduct protection awareness raising sessions in the hubs
· Support to organize community events and hold meetings with local stakeholders to provide protection information and contact with person in need.
· Support to accurate data entry of all cases with Protection Case Workers and M&E Officer
· Review all case assessments with the Info Hub Manager and Protection Case Workers nd report it to the Protection Coordinator and Programme Coordinator
· Take part in the committee deciding on IPA cases;
· Participate in the identification and prioritization of the individual’s case management needs and goals with the Protection Coordinator.
· Host Focus Group Discussions with Awareness Raising Officer at neighborhood level to understand protection issues and local protection risks for mapping the protection plans
· Gather information to identify and manage barriers to achievement of protection plan goals
· Evaluate beneficiary satisfaction through open communication and monitoring tools.
· Develop periodic hub-specific protection monitoring bulletins
· Prepare weekly work plan and organize his/her schedule in order to complete task in an appropriate manner.
· Perform any other tasks related to the program when required.
· Participate in internal meetings.
· Perform other duties as may be assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in social science and or relevant area – can be compensated with direct work experience in NGOs for at least between 2-4 years
· Excellent Turkish and English skills, Arabic skills are an asset
· Experience with case management protocols
· Knowledge of protection and key protection concerns
· Team player who is able to work collaboratively and with people of diverse backgrounds and cross-culturally
· Work/voluntary experience with a NGO, minimum 2 years
· Experience of community-based, social work or implementing protection activities minimum 1 year
· Strong planning, inter-personal and communication skills
· Strong report writing and documentation skills
· Flexible, enthusiastic and willing to learn from others
· Good computer skills, especially in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
Deadline to apply: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis with the deadline to apply February 28th, 2020. The position will be filled as soon as a well-qualified person is identified. Only short listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for interview. Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their English, one page CV and a cover letter. The salary is based on IBC’s salary policy in line with the project budget. Applications by phone will not be accepted.
IBC (UA Mavi Hilal)
Since more than 19 years, IBC has been working to help in alleviating human sufferings, hunger, illiteracy among all people regardless of nationality, ethnicity, race, color, social origin, religion, belief, language, political opinion, gender, age, and sexual orientation, genetic and physical features.