General Description of the Programme
GOAL, an International Humanitarian Organization, has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalized migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
GOAL has two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey, LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labour. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
The position will be based in Adana. Under the supervision of the Deputy Program Manager, Protection Outreach Worker will be responsible to implement outreach and awareness raising / information provision activities as per Protection Best Practices and Guidance document developed by GOAL.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Provide awareness raising activities and support the development of relevant curricula and messaging in coordination with Deputy Program Manager.
- Represent the GOAL protection team when requested by the Deputy Program Manager.
- Implement awareness raising/community mobilization/behavior change activities (at field, GOALs Social Support Centre and on phone) and support the development of relevant curricula and messaging in coordination with Deputy Program Manager.
- Undertake outreach activities and informative sessions on GOAL/partner services to target groups and record feedback (comments, suggestions).
- Encourage and facilitate participation of beneficiaries in the planning, execution, and evaluation of activities.
- Advise and assist beneficiaries about GOAL services and schedules upon completion of relevant forms/needs assessment.
- Evaluate CBP activities and propose new activities.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the quality of activities and protection policies being implemented.
- Propose new activities according to identified needs in the community.
- Ensure impartiality, and confidentiality of beneficiaries, at all times.
- Liaise with Community Access staff and undertake field activities to identify beneficiaries for different components of the program, including IPA, Psychoeducation and/or Awareness Raising/ Information provision.
- Contribute to efforts to form self-advocacy committees and follow-up with their activities, as requested.
- Ensure to record identifies cases on the respective tracker on time and with quality.
- Ensure that all respective data and MoVs for protection outreach activities are compiled, filed, and stored accurately and up to the requested standards.
- Any other duties related to the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
- Turkish Citizenship.
- University degree in related field (e.g. social work, sociology, international relations, law, psychology, and other relevant disciplines).
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written in English in addition to Arabic or Turkish.
- Experience in delivering awareness raising / information provision sessions to children and adults.
- Experience in case intakes at field.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in NGO (in paid or voluntary capacity) preferably experience in Southeast of Turkey and/or with semi-nomadic groups is an asset.
- Understands rights and protection issues of refugees, children, and women.
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision.
- Good negotiation and problem-solving skills, proven communication, interpersonal, representation skills.
- Proven planning, communication, interpersonal, and representation skills.
- Strong writing and documentation skills.
- Excellent level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 06 November 2020.
General terms and conditions.
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households. GOAL worked in Turkey in 2015-2016 to respond to the Health needs of Syrians in Turkey and will resume programming in Turkey in 2018 with a focus on Protection needs.