Protection program Coordinator (Ref: 1010)
|Union of Medical Care and Relief Organizations - UOSSM||Gaziantep|
|Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
About UOSSM : UOSSM is a federation of humanitarian medical aid and relief, non-for-profit, non-governmental, member organizations. Founded in January 2012 in France, with a vision of a unified strategic framework, to increase the effectiveness of the humanitarian response in areas of crisis; aiming at providing medical aid and support for affected people and communities, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion or political affiliation.
Application link: https://cutt.us/SiOLH
ًWork location: Gaziantep
Announcement Code: 1010
The protection program coordinator is responsible to achieve the managing task of the protection programs by providing the necessary tools to assist the team. He/ She will lead the protection department by providing technical support and capacity building to the team. To plan and implement the activities of the protection programs at UOSSM. In addition , He / She will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of protection programs in line with the Humanitarian International Standards (WHO, UNFPA, UNICEF etc.) and donor guidelines. He/ She will develop the protection department technically depending on the available studies and experiences. Contributing to develop the protection project ideas and proposals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deriving the annual plan (tactical) from the annual received plan from the Managing Director of Programs, considering the plan focuses on the following areas:
- New project proposals must be technically set.
- Technical reports to be sent to donors.
- Technical data received from projects to be reviewed and drawing feedback from data.
- Training (Capacity building to be provided to the projects team.
- Medical standards (protocols whose its implementing must be monitored in the current projects).
- Recommendations and suggestions related to policies, procedures, and tools to be made and delivered.
- Tools to be provided to the work team with a view to the successful implementation of the plan and above areas.
- financial and material resources required to achieve the objectives of the program.
- Weekly and monthly meetings with the team (program officers in the executive office and in the region) with a view to shedding light on what has been implemented from the plan that they have received and developing appropriate solutions, with 4 meetings per month. In addition to solve urgent problems outside of the meetings time.
- Overseeing the implementation of the plans, the implementation of the policy and instructions related to the department and the projects by taking random samples either from project proposals or even from the beneficiaries. In addition to control the quality of the technical services provided in the facilities by following up reports received from the field.
- Active study to the reality of daily procedural work with a view to developing the workflow and avoiding bottlenecks during implementing, in addition to careful consideration of protocols and standards of professional practice with a view to developing them and to bring them into line with international standards, so that work will be improved in the department as a whole, starting from the department’s staff, ending with the staff of installations, in addition to developing curriculums of training programs.
- Attending the important meetings with the donors with a view to enhancing or developing the partnerships in addition to indirect marketing of the project proposals. Attending meetings with technical groups for the same purpose, by 12 meetings per month.
- Responding to internal inquiries with regard to the protection program or responding to any inquiries from donors (strategic partnerships) that usually be daily and urgent, includes the exchange and sharing of information and engaging in discussions with the other departments at UOSSM such as human resources, regions and the grant design department. By one hour a day.
- Providing training and capacity building to the staff of protection department + coordination staff in the regions through by providing training, either during daily work or through presentations and sessions in addition to the recall tests.
- Regular meetings within the program management or with one of the departments at UOSSM with a review to coordinating work or exchanging information, by 6 meetings per month
- Writing the report of protection program, which is the review of the sub - accomplishment reports, to become one comprehensive report, which includes the following areas:
- Quality of service provided
- Detailed information about the services provided.
- Percentage of progress in the monthly plan.
- lessons learned.
- technical reports of projects related to donors.
Qualifications & Requirements
University degree in Medical or health science - Human arts-Education
Experience in the same field 2 years
- Arabic Fluency
- English Fluency
- Turkish will be plus
Application link: https://cutt.us/SiOLH
Turkish Nationality Required
Union of Medical Care and Relief Organizations - UOSSM
Union of Medical Care and Relief Organizations -UOSSM- is a union of humanitarian medical aid and relief, non- -profit, non-governmental, organization. It was founded in January 2012, with the vision to work under a unified strategic framework aiming to provide medical services and support to affected people and communities, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion or political loyalty.