Title: Protection Programme Officer
Location: GZT Turkey
Reporting to: Protection Coordinator
Technical reports: Protection Coordinator
ABOUT Relief International.
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.
Under supervision of the Protection Coordinator, the Protection Programme Officer will contribute to the daily planning and implementation of activities for RI Protection program in addition to ensuring protection mainstreaming in all RI programs implemented in North West Syria.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Under the supervision and direction of the Protection Coordinator, support the planning and implementation of the protection programme by reviewing project documents, produce detailed weekly implementation plans in collaboration with field teams.
- Track progress against weekly, and monthly plans. And Provide accurate and timely updates , weekly reports and monthly progress reports to the protection coordinator..
- Identify challenges and propose solutions to ensure timely and effective implementation of activities.
- Support the communication with other departments such as Operations, HR and M&E to ensure that programme activities are implemented in line with work plan and donor requirements
- Lead the protection team's information management including contribution to data collection tools and performing data analysis on the data received from field activities and database to support accurate reporting to the donor and 4WS and follow up with Protection Coordinator the challenges and findings from report.
- Follow-up and monitor inventory trackers , car movement trackers , and activity trackers on a weekly basis and flag any unusual outputs compared to activities implemented , means of verifications and the number of beneficiaries received.
- Prepare all needed PRs , SRRFs and RRFs to ensure recruitment and procurement is ongoing as planned with following up with respective departments on the progress.
- archiving all project documents related to program implementation.
- Support the implementation of all relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all protection activities
- Under the technical supervision of the Protection Coordinator and the Protection Programme Manager based in Gaziantep , ensure Protection Mainstreaming across all RI programs in North West Syria, including the Health programs
- Support the organization and implementation of trainings to RI health facilities staff members on protection principles, protection mainstreaming, accountability to affected populations, PSEA and other relevant topics. Identify any additional training topics and ensure that refresher trainings are carried out on a regular basis
- Any other duties related to the nature of the job as identified by the Protection Coordinator
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
This position will require a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in implementing gender-based violence , protection or child protection programming.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email/internet software.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, or other appropriate fields;
- Fluency in Arabic and Very Good spoken/written English
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Strong initiative and self-motivation, with a commitment to teamwork
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others
- Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
RI Has a zero-tolerance policy towards any behavior that violates its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation, abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption, and fraud. RI also adheres to strict safeguarding principles.
How to apply
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to provided in the apply/başvur button before July 18, 2022, stating in the subject “**Protection Programmee Officer**“ All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey"
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline for submission of the applications