Job title: Protection Project Manager
Job code: TR-PRO-0010
Application closure date: 18/01/2021
Duration of the contract: 6 Months (2 months Probation) with the ability of extension
Location: Elâzığ - Turkey
Sector: Program unit
Takaful Al Sham Charity is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of conflict-affected population.
Takaful Al Sham Charity partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programs, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Planning and supervision / implementation of the project with protection, social cohesion and empowerment interventions that are implemented in Turkey, Elâzığ city ensuring the achievement of the project's objectives within the vision and mission of the organization and the donor’s requirements, running project in the correct form, following up the budget disbursement as planned, ensuring documentation and implementation in accordance with the requirements of the administration and donors and submitting periodic reports to them in a transparent manner, and the ability to lead the team. He will also be responsible for providing the technical support required for the project and conducting an assessment of the needs of local communities and providing technical guidance to field teams and coordination of all small project activities and tasks.
Requirements and Key Responsibilities:
• Follow up and monitor the progress of project implementation, ensure the quality of the completed work, and create work plans in accordance with the objectives of the project and the schedule set for them.
• Ensure documentation files (personnel - project activities) are appropriately preserved in all project phases and forms used in accordance with the requirements of the organization / donors / partners.
• Preparing all required reports related to the project / program manager / donors / partners.
• Follow up and exchange information on a regular basis in everything related to the implementation of the project with the program director and field teams and cooperate with the relevant stakeholders in the institution (programs - logistical - monitoring and evaluation) to implement the project activities.
• Appointing and interviewing the selection of project personnel and directing appropriate support after appointment.
• Representing the institution in relevant work groups, stakeholders, and coordination meetings as needed, maintaining a positive, continuous and clear presence of the institution and maintaining building and developing good relationships with partners, local authorities and stakeholders.
• Work closely and build partnerships with agencies and organizations in relevant areas of cooperation.
• The ability to assess the community’s needs and requirements with regard to infrastructure and protection & youth empowerment
• Conducting integrated needs assessments for targeted beneficiaries
• Design vulnerability criteria appropriate to select beneficiaries in the area and ensure community participation and transparency.
•Performing any other tasks assigned to him by the direct supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in social science
Adequate level in Turkish and English language
• Experience for at least three years in project management in non-profit organizations in Turkey context.
• At least two years' experience in protection and social cohesion projects.
• Adequate knowledge in the context of protection and empowerment projects in Turkey
• Proficiency in holding budgets and operational plans for projects
• Very good knowledge of international donors' terms and requirements to comply with them
• Adequate experience in writing project life cycle and preparing periodic and progress reports.
• Proficiency in working on MS Office software package, especially Word text editor and PowerPoint presentations program.
• The ability to lead teams, direct and coordinate, follow-up, initiate and develop
• A very good level of effective presentation, presentation and communication skills (orally and in writing).
• Very good level of reading, writing and speaking English.
• The ability to lead, direct, coordinate, follow-up, initiate and develop.
• The ability to analyze and create solutions to problems
• Ability to communicate, negotiate, plan and organize.
• the ability to work under pressure.
• Residence in Elâzığ
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Takaful Al-sham is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Takaful Al-sham's employees and volunteers are obligated not to practice sexual exploitation and abuse, in exchange for the services they provide, in addition to assuming their responsibilities to protect children from harm and abuse and to ensure a safe environment for them, and to work to create a safe work environment for everyone free from any form of harassment, abuse, exploitation or misconduct during work that diminishes the dignity and safety of the volunteer or employee.