WATAN seeks a PSS Protection specialist to provide technical support to WATAN’s Protection projects and activities in Turkey in terms of design, quality assurance, technical follow up on activities, S/he will work within the Protection team and ensure the timely implementation of PSS component of GBV and staff care activities as part of WATAN’s package of care for beneficiaries and staff.
- Provide technical support in provision of psychosocial services in WATAN’s project; with guidance on planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of PSS activities.
- Develop the mechanisms to improve the integration of Protection and psychosocial support services, in line with IASC Guidelines on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergencies.
- Regularly update protocols, guidelines and recommendations for WATAN’s Protection program.
- support to Build the capacity of staff working on PSS activities, through training, support supervision, monitoring, and developing protocols and materials, and necessary steps needed to improve the quality of care.
- Periodically review and improve M&E systems for PSS programming, in collaboration with M&E team and implementing partners, including the development of M&E tools and methodology, management of reporting mechanisms and information flow, and analysis of program data and impact.
- Identify project gaps, areas for improvement, strategies, and advice to the relevant stakeholders on the needed correction and improvement.
- participate in regular strategy and project planning workshops for PSS and the overall organization.
- work on a capacity building plan.
- Ensure sufficient collaboration and coordination with government structures, local authorities and Humanitarian actors providing and organizing PSS activities.
- Any other relevant tasks required by the line manager.
- A qualified psychologist; or a professional with equivalent proven experience.
- MHPSS management experience is a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Protection and psychosocial programming for refugees and IDPs.
- Experience working in the Humanitarian context.
- Experience in capacity building, and in strengthening various duty bearers’ understanding of and response to psychosocial support.
- Skilled at carrying out program needs assessments, program development, and program evaluations.
- Experience in the monitoring and evaluation of psychosocial programmes, and feeding learning into programme design
- Experience working on the inclusion of hard to reach groups of children is a plus
- Good knowledge of and experience in using established inter-agency guidelines (as outlined in IASC guidelines) and donor standards in MHPSS.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively in written and spoken English. Arabic.
- Solid computer skills in word processing, especially in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook