Objective: To provide support to individuals, groups, and communities recovering from the effects of traumatic experiences associated with war and violence.
Report to: Technical Supervisor with Partner Organization.
A. Job Duties:
- Provide technical consultation to individuals, groups and communities to assist them to recover from the effects of war and violence.
- Progressive responsibility according to training and experience level in:
- Providing technical support and counseling; completing evaluations; individual and group plans; and any referrals, follow-up, and advocacy if necessary •
- Carrying out technical sessions and workshops •
- Writing notes in soft copy and participating in debriefings as required.
- Ensuring that all required documentation is competed in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensuring that all work is confidential and that ethical practices are observed at all times.
- Assisting in planning and logistics
Develop local awareness, understanding and engagement with technical issues related to trauma
• Assist in planning and logistics, to implement community awareness and education campaigns and programs.
• Sensitize, problem solve, dialogue, and mediate with wider stakeholders about the issues of the war trauma and other acts of violence.
Raise awareness among other service providers about technical services available
• Develop referral systems and encourage collaboration between local groups
• Attend meetings
• Ensure that the reporting and documentation of these processes is completed and minutes of meetings are filed.
Promote Self Care through Support, Supervision and Training
• Attend regular support, debriefing, case conferences, and/or supervision meetings to ensure information and skill-sharing.
• Attend trainings
• Work with technical advisors to implement recommendations
• Provide feedback on training and supervision. .
• Set objectives for each week and month which contributes to achieving the objectives of the project. Plan the activities required to achieve these objectives.
• Submit reports as required.
• Set and follow through on a personal self-care schedule to avoid burnout and vicarious traumatization.
• Assist new colleagues through one to one peer-support and conduct orientation training according to a plan agreed with the Psychotherapist/Trainer(s).
• Provide self-care and staff support trainings to other service providers as required.
• Complete any other tasks as assigned
• Minimum BA degree in Psychology or Counseling or similar.
• Experience working with survivors of trauma.
• Demonstrable effective oral and written communication skills in Arabic is essential.
• Demonstrable effective interpersonal skills, including assertive communication style, ability to work on a team, ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback, ability to maintain positive relationships with colleagues, and willingness to support and mentor new staff members.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Ability to work independently and as a team member. • Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Good communication and problem solving skills.
• Not afraid to work in somewhat challenging areas.
• Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Must demonstrate and model best practices in self-care
Language : Arabic