- Organizational Background
ASRA, is a non-governmental and humanitarian aid organization which mainly aims at meeting basic needs and improving living conditions of the individuals and communities who are affected by humanitarian crisis, conflicts, human rights violations and natural disasters.
ASRA continues its works at national and international level within principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality, and accountability, according to the international standards of humanitarian privacy. ASRA has a role in enhancing living conditions of crisis affected individuals and communities through activities and emergency responses carried out at national and international level.
ASRA, by carrying out field studies which regularly analyses the conditions of crisis affected people, and publishing situation reports; directs the attention of relevant organizations to crisis regions.
ASRA, pursuant to the principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality and accountability, adopts direct and quick response to the crisis affected individuals and communities, as the main principle.
2. Job Summary
He/she will be responsible for ensuring the smooth implementation of psycho-social support activities for children at the community center based in Ankara. He/she will conduct age-appropriate psycho-social support activities for children at the community centers as a part of the MHPSS Team. The job holder will assist the MHPSS Officer to do the PSS activities.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
Within delegated authority, Psycho-Social Support (PSS) Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Ensure timely and technically valid implementation of child focused psycho-social support activities.
- In coordination with the Community Center Officer and the MHPSS Officer, develop child focused PSS activities appropriate for the beneficiaries at the centers.
- Provide age-appropriate activities, including PSS and educational activities.
- Provide case management for particularly vulnerable children, ensuring they are referred to necessary services both in and outside of the center in coordination with the Protection and Case Management Team.
- Follow proper documentation tracking and filing systems in line with MSYD-ASRA’s relevant SoPs and Guidelines, as well as, M&E Tools.
- Develop and implement recreational activities for children and youth at the centers.
- Ensure that project activities develop and are implemented in line with MSYD-ASRA’s mandate, policies, and procedures including donors’ requirements, national and international rules and guidelines.
- Prepare regular and timely updates and reports as requested.
- Participate in trainings, supervision and team meetings.
- Be responsible to follow up and celebrate special days and conduct age appropriate events with children.
- Identify and refer children and caregivers in need of case management to CP or GBV case management on a monthly basis or in need of Focused PSS to relevant Focused PSS sessions
- Take the needed steps to include children and families with special needs
- Maintain contact with families and work and -disseminate information, materials and NFI’s as and when required;
- Build and maintain effective relationships, with the team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Ensure Child Safeguarding standards are understood and met by PSS department, in collaboration with the Focal Point, and program teams.
- Ensure data entry of all the activities conducted and supervised by MHPSS Team.
- Monitor and evaluate clients/beneficiaries’ progress and modify activity modules/curriculums accordingly.
- Provide a weekly report of number of cases who join the activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop MSYD-ASRA programs;
- Required Skills/Qualifications:
- Relevant University Degree from the Faculty of Educational Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences and/or Faculty of Science and Letters in the relevant departments of Child Development, Primary Education, Special Education, Turkish and Social Sciences Education, Foreign Languages Education, other Language and Literature Departments etc. For the departments from Faculty of Social Sciences and Letters, Pedagogical Formation is needed.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience.
- Ability to manage and facilitate classroom and maintain classroom rules for the relevant age group of children.
- Working knowledge of social theories and practices
- Social perceptiveness and empathy
- Ability to build and maintain professional helping relationships
- Ability to relate and communicate with diverse population and groups
- Resilience along with ability to assess situations
- Ability to work within a team structure or in isolation, flexible, and can cope with stressful workload and working with limited resources
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Flexible and responsive
- Fluent in written & spoken Arabic; able to communicate and write in English preferably.
5. Additional responsibilities:
In relation to their level of skills and experience the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time that are reasonable.