Association for Aid and Relief, Japan (AAR Japan) is an international humanitarian organization that helps people in need in over 15 countries. We began our emergency relief operation in response to the Syrian crisis in October 2012.
AAR Japan is looking for Psychological Counsellor who will be positioned in Mardin, Turkey.
- Provide individual and/or group psychological support, counselling for beneficiaries (adults and children)
- Assess and evaluate psychological and mental health needs of beneficiaries; elaborate a diagnosis/case formulation; establish a plan of treatment/intervention and implement the planned intervention/treatment accordingly.
- Plan and implement MHPSS consultations with regular intervals according to respective treatment plans.
- Upon clinical assessment, whenever pertinent, refer the beneficiary to the relevant medical (ie: Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Neurology...) and/or socio-educational services (ie: Counseling and Research Centers (RAM); Special Education and rehabilitation services...).
- Follow up closely the condition of the referred beneficiary (with the informed consent of the beneficiary) with the relevant professionals and/or service providers;
- Establish and facilitate the beneficiary-related collaborative communication among involved professionals and/ or service providers within the limits of confidentiality and informed consent of the beneficiaries.
- Inform the MH specialist and relevant members of Case Management Team about any issues or problems that may arise related to beneficiaries’ treatment in order to provide the best possible intervention from a holistic biopsychosocial perspective.
- Keep regular and accurate records and relevant documentation of all MHPSS activities on a weekly basis: clinical files about each consultation, clinical referral documents; administrative documents, weekly schedules, etc.
- Actively participate in regular clinical supervision sessions and clinical trainings with Mental Health Specialist, with requisite documentation and preparation.
- Conduct other duties assigned by the Employer.
- Turkish citizenship is required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Educational Field
- Minimum 2 years’ professional experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the same field/area of work
- Native Turkish language with high English skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Program
- Flexibility to work in fast-paced and multi-cultural work environment sometimes under extreme pressure
- Master’s/ PhD degree
- Arabic/Kurdish/Turkish speaker
- Familiarity with the local refugee context in Mardin
- Experience/ability to write/review clear reports with very few mistakes
- Experience/Ability to negotiate
- Experience of taking initiative and being proactive
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Start day: ASAP
- Work location: Mardin with occasional business trips inside Turkey
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification should apply via AAR Japan application form on the link.
After submitting the form please submit your English CV and a cover letter mentioning MY004PC in the subject line to provided in the apply/başvur button
by the 9th of June 2019.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned