Job Location: Gaziantep
Reporting to: MHPSS Team leader and technically MHPSS officer
Working area: Gaziantep, Turkey
Number of positions open: 2
Key relationships: Psychiatrist, Team Leader, PSS workers, MHPSS Center staff
General objective of the position:
Psychologist is to provide Psychotherapy service through comprehensive assessment, Therapy plan, implementation, follow up in additional to participating with other MHPSS activities.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Working affectively with the other MHPSS Center’s team members to ensure a high quality of work with full respect of the Humanitarian Work Principles.
- Conducting comprehensive assessments of the situation of the individuals on the psychological, social and mental level.
- Conducting psychotherapy sessions with individuals with MHPSS Disorders and supporting their care givers to understand the individuals’ problems and how they can support them.
- Conducting group psychotherapy sessions with groups of individuals with similar MHPSS Disorders.
- Conducting additional assessments such as (IQ test…etc.) when needed.
- Following up on the recovery process through gradual coordination with the psychiatrist and the PSS workers for the beneficiaries who are receiving additional PSS and Mental Health Sessions.
- Continue coordinating with the others MHPSS Center’s team members to ensure linking the beneficiaries with the suitable services to their needs when it exceeds the MHPSS center’s abilities.
- Providing the needed psycho-education to the beneficiaries and their care givers and family members.
- Taking in consideration the reported evaluations of Beneficiaries’ satisfaction into consideration to improve the MHPSS service quality.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of beneficiaries’ information documented in the assessment forms and the clinical soft and hard copies with ensuring good quality of documentation of the beneficiaries’ files and information.
- Participating in the ongoing group and individual technical supervision sessions.
- Providing weekly/monthly regular updates and reports to the supervisor.
- Participating in raising awareness regarding the MHPSS disorders and the rights of people who suffer from them on both individual and the community level.
- Active participation in advocacy campaigns and celebration of world days related to MHPSS such as (World Mental Health Day, international Day for people with disability…etc.).
- Facilitating group activities for beneficiaries and group activities of care providers of the beneficiaries.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
- A university degree of relevant field of study (e.g. bachelor of Psychological counseling/Psychology or any related field of study.
- One Year experience at least of working as a psychologist.
- Ability to conduct individual and group psychotherapy sessions and group activities specifically in MHPSS issues.
- Attended Psychotherapy Techniques training and having experience certificates.
- Having basic proficiency in using e-mails and filling beneficiaries’ information on electronic forms.
- Commitment to the basic morals of working with vulnerable people and respecting confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in the same time.
- Fluency written and spoken in Arabic
- Upper-intermediate written and spoken English
The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale on-going.
Interested candidates may please send their resume and fill the application in the following link
Last date for application is 01/ May / 2019