ABOUT MAYA FOUNDATION:
Maya Vakfı is a non-profit organization that offers mental health and psycho-social support (MHPSS) to refugee and host community children who have experienced traumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions, domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence. Maya Vakfı provides trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the Balat Field Office through creative workshops which give opportunities for these children to express themselves through art, music, dance, and movement activities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery. In addition, Maya also places great importance on integrating Psychosocial Support techniques into the education system through its Trauma-Informed Schools (TIS) Program. Strengthening the knowledge and know-how of civil servants and the civil society sector is enhanced through Capacity Building Initiatives and through its Volunteer Program Maya Vakfı provides training, support, and mentoring to volunteers on Psychosocial Support, trauma rehabilitation, and child protection.
Maya Vakfi’s Trauma-Informed Schools (TIS) program aims to provide a holistic approach by providing training, support, and follow-up to school teachers and counselors, psycho-social sessions to children, positive parenting seminars to parents, and activities to prevent bullying in schools. In cooperation with the Ministry of National Education (MoNE), Maya Vakfi has authorization to implement the TIS program in seven provinces across Turkey.
Maya Foundation is committed to protect and improve the welfare of the individuals who are worked with and provided service, to create safe spaces for them and it waits from all employees and volunteers to fulfill this commitment. Maya Foundation adopts a zero-tolerance policy on behaviours incompatible with the foundation’s targets and principles especially sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. Additionally, Maya Foundation adopts Child Safe Standards and Principles of Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and mainstreams these principles in foundation studies. All of the selected candidates are expected to adapt these standards and principles, for this reason all candidates will complete stages of reference and background check. Background check will include academic background and employment history verification. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information within the scope of background check.
- Direct work with refugees: being a part of psychosocial support team by using creative art therapy methodology with refugee children.
- Taking part in the implementation at different levels such as carrying out the assessment during the intake process; scheduling the sessions/activities; evaluating the impact of the interventions; developing new activities as a member of the clinical team.
- Providing mental health and psychosocial support service through individual and group sessions to parents/caregivers and children between 5-24 in need.
- Providing individual and group sessions to children and parent trainings to caregivers.
- Being responsible for implementation of the CP activities in the different sites, provide guidance and support to the other team members and ensure the overall quality of the intervention and compliance with Maya Vakfı Child Protection Procedures
- Strengthen CP referrals and capacity to respond to individual child protection cases.
- Map and establish emergency CP referral pathways when required, with health and other service providers and community structures.
- Conduct safety assessments and safety audits when required and in coordination with other child protection actors
- With support from the Project Coordinator develop and implement activity plans to achieve expected result
- Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator ensure that all planned CP activities are implemented on time
- Where challenges arise, ensure that these are flagged early, communicated to the Project Coordinator to addressed in an appropriate way
- Provide follow-up support to child protection training in coordination with the Project Coordinator
- Coordinate with the other relevant sectors to ensure activities are integrated and follow best-practices for children
- Ensure all CP concerns identified are communicated in timely manner for response to the Project Coordinator
- Demonstrate qualities including honesty, kindness, professionalism,non-discrimination, and a commitment to working well in a team whilst staying true to oneself
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities to better support children & youth through facilitating processes, systems etc.
- Assessing and providing online psychological counselling service to beneficiaries of the service; actively participating in supervision sessions, professional develeopment , in-service training and team processes
- Providing mental health and psychosocial support in case of disaster and emergency situations (e.g. earthquake,flood etc.) to beneficiaries under the supervision with Maya Vakfı clinical team
- Any other relevant duties requested bt the Project Coordinator and Clinical Coordinator
- Cooperation with other organizations: as being a member of foundation, when assigned, therapist will be joining meetings with other organizations. In addition to this they are expected to be improving themselves and new projects for the foundation related with traumatized children population
- Reporting directly to the Project Coordinator and the Clinical Coordinator
Qualifications and Experience and Attributes
- Qualification as a clinical psychologist.
- Fluent in English – Ability to conduct sessions in both English and Turkish
- Experience in working with children, trauma, loss, refugees and/or other vulnerable groups of people
- Experience in group work as well as individual therapy/counselling
- Experience in field work with a NGO (preferred)
- Experience of cross-cultural work
- Ability to be flexible, work in a fluid context and adaptation for unexpected situations
- Flexibility of working of out of office hours.
- Capacity to work both independently and collaboratively with others
- Communication Skills: negotiating, facilitating and presenting as well as strong verbal and written communication Skills
- Time managemenent, organization and work prioritization
- Strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal management Skills
- Work overtime when required collaborative and cooperative with other related departments