Job Location: Gaziantep -Turkey
Reporting to: MHPSS Team leader and technically Senior MHPSS officer
Working area: Gaziantep -Turkey
Number of positions open: 1
Contract Duration 7 Months
Last date for application: February 12, 2023
Psychiatrist, Team Leader, PSS workers, MHPSS Center staff
General objective of the position:
Psychologists provide Psychotherapy services through comprehensive assessment, Therapy plan, implementation, and follow-up in addition to participating in other MHPSS activities.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Working effectively with the other MHPSS team members to ensure a high quality of work with full respect for the Humanitarian Work Principles.
- Conducting comprehensive assessments of the situation of the individuals on the psychological, social, and mental levels.
- Conducting psychotherapy sessions with individuals with MHPSS Disorders and supporting their caregivers to understand the individuals’ problems and how they can support them.
- Conducting group psychotherapy sessions with groups of individuals with similar MHPSS Disorders.
- Conducting additional assessments such as (IQ tests…etc.) when needed.
- Following up on the recovery process through gradual coordination with the psychiatrist and the PSS workers for the beneficiaries who are receiving additional PSS and Mental Health Sessions.
- Continue coordinating with the other MHPSS Center’s team members to ensure linking the beneficiaries with the suitable services to their needs when it exceeds the MHPSS center’s abilities.
- Providing the needed psycho-education to the beneficiaries and their care givers and family members.
- Taking in consideration the reported evaluations of Beneficiaries’ satisfaction into consideration to improve the MHPSS service quality.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of beneficiaries’ information documented in the assessment forms and the clinical soft and hard copies while ensuring good quality of documentation of the beneficiaries’ files and information.
- Participating in the ongoing group and individual technical supervision sessions.
- Providing weekly/monthly regular updates and reports to the supervisor.
- Participating in raising awareness regarding MHPSS disorders and the rights of people who suffer from them on both individual and community levels.
- Active participation in advocacy campaigns and celebration of world days related to MHPSS such as (World Mental Health Day, International Day for people with disability…etc.).
- Facilitating group activities for beneficiaries and group activities of care providers of the beneficiaries.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications Required
- A university degree in the relevant field of study is mandatory. A university Degree in Psychology is desirable.
- three years experience at least of working as a psychologist.
- Attended Psychotherapy Techniques training and have experience certificates.
- Commitment to the basic morals of working with vulnerable people and respecting confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and with a team at the same time.
- Ability to conduct individual and group psychotherapy sessions and group activities specifically in MHPSS issues.
- Advanced written and spoken in Arabic (native speaker)
The contract duration is 7 months. The salary will be defined according to the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale .
Interested candidates may please send their resumes and fill out the application at the following link: