Job Title: Psychologist
Maya Vakfı is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Psychologist for our EU Funded Project
Project Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Project Duration: 14 months
About Maya Vakfı
Maya Vakfı is a non-profit organization that offers mental health and psycho-social support (MHPSS) to refugee and host community children who have experienced traumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions, domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence. Maya Vakfı provides trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the Balat Child Center through creative workshops which give opportunities for these children to express themselves through art, music, dance and movement activities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery. In addition, Maya also places great importance on integrating Psychosocial Support techniques into the education system through its Trauma Informed Schools Program. Strengthening the knowledge and know-how of civil servants and the civil society sector is enhanced through Capacity Building Initiatives and through its Volunteer Program Maya Vakfı provides training, support and mentoring to volunteers on Psychosocial Support, trauma rehabilitation and child protection.
- Responsible for developing the curriculum, administering the photograpy based sessions and finalizing the handbook
- Responsible for the implementing group sessions with 14-18 years old
- Provide overall support to the Project Coordinator in managing and running all activities
- Working with the project team for planning, program design, and to ensure its proper implementation at the field level.
- Work in coordination with Clinical Program Director and Clinical Director.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Graduate degree in related field. (Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology or Art Therapy)
- 3 years’ experience of working with I/NGOs in Turkey and working with refugee communities and adolescent population
- Experience in art related work or photography is desirable
- Experience of working as a group facilitator
- Prior experience of working with adolescent populations should be required
- Fluent in English and Turkish. Knowledge of basic Arabic is desirable.
- Ability to be flexible, work in a fluid context and adaptation for unexpected situations.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to travel
- Ability to be an analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter to provided in the apply/başvur button referring to the position they are applying for by April 30th, 2018.