Post Title: Psychologist
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Mardin, Turkey
Contract type : Part time
Duration: Contract until 31 October 2020
Starting : ASAP
Application closing Date: 10/08/2020
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
WHH implements projects in Turkey assisting Syrians under Temporary Protection in their various needs, ranging from the provision of basic needs requirements through cash transfer up to protection related interventions and livelihoods activities. WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Job Description of Psychologist
Overall Role: Psychologist will manage the provision of targeted Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) in particular individual sessions but also seminars and other programme activities when needed to Syrian and Iraqi refugees in Mardin and Diyarbakır.
Duties and responsibilities
Psychologist will provide support to WHH’s MHPSS team activities, in areas that are not yet been covered. He/She will work closely with the Senior Project Officer (SPO) to coordinate activities and report to the HoP and SPO. The Psychologist will mainly do household visits.
The main responsibilities are:
1. To establish a safe space to conduct private and confidential conversations acceptable to those on the site and safely accessible by women and children
2. To respond to the clients identified needs by conducting specific psychosocial individual level interventions/ activities (adapted and appropriate to each one’s specific needs and capacities) and lead group counselling sessions
3. To work collaboratively with the project team to design and implement ideas for psychosocial programs with youth, women, children
4. To refer patients to other health professionals whenever necessary
5. To promote community-based PSS initiatives specific to the needs of girls, boys, women, and men, such as group and community-oriented discussions, provide psychoeducation to the camp population on mental health related issues and on the ways to deal with possible mental health and psychosocial concerns
6. To hold focus group discussions and key informant interviews with the refugee population in each site in order to assess need and develop projects
7. To be responsible for the Referral Mapping, which includes to work with local partners to map local service providers and other services relevant to conflict-affected populations in target region. To create document listing relevant services and resources. Facilitate dissemination of information about existing services and supports to strengthen referral networks, both through written output and development of referral workshops for regional service providers
8. To prepare monthly based reports
9. To respond to the identified needs, by providing direct psychosocial support and refer internally and externally as needed, respecting confidentiality and the rights of the clients
10. To maintain accurate and confidential client records and providing regular and accurate reporting as required and coordinate work with CM Team and Senior Project Officer
11. In addition to the above-mentioned responsibilities, the psychologist might be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Head of Project
Skills & Qualifications:
Clinical Psychologist with extensive psychosocial delivery
In depth knowledge of psychosocial assistance in the humanitarian context and South-East Turkey
Strong understanding of the consequences of violence and displacement and trauma
Experience of working with Case Management teams and producing reports
Fluency in written and oral Turkish, English and Arabic is required. Knowledge of Kurdish is an asset
Experience in NGOs/INGOs sector
Ability to work in coordination with the team
Good planning skills
Strong interpersonal skills and the abilities to work within different cultural environments
Honest, hardworking and a self-motivated personality
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 10/08/2020 at the latest.
CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. WHH reserves the right to recruit a candidate
who matches the required profile before the above deadline.