International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation-IBC is looking for Psychosocial Support Officer (Turkish Nationality) according to following qualifications.
International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation – IBC is an emerging NGO founded to help alleviate human suffering, illiteracy among all people regardless of nationality, ethnicity, race, color, genetic or physical features, social origin, religion, belief, language, political opinion, gender, age and sexual orientation. IBC acts with impartiality in the belief that people are created equal and have the right to dignity, proper sheltering, food, healthcare, education and proper standards of living. The organization has since then been supporting vulnerable and marginalized groups such as refugees, IDPs, people with disabilities and children.
Position: Psychosocial Support Officer
Position Place: Şanlıurfa
Job Duration: December 1, 2019 – June 15, 2020, Full Time
Number of Recruitments: 1
- To provide the necessary support to all beneficiaries in need of psychosocial support by following the timely follow-up in coordination with the InfoHub Manager.
- To adhere to the principles of Mental Health and Psychosocial Support by ensuring a complete follow-up.
- To carry out the necessary steps, including referral and consultancy, in order to properly manage the beneficiaries' guidance process and to ensure the necessary follow-ups regularly.
- Encourage the participation of target beneficiary groups in MHPSS awareness raising initiatives and activities.
- Organizing daily house visits with regards to Mental Health and Psychosocial Support services for the target beneficiaries.
- Informing the target beneficiary audience about local activities.
- Collect key demographic data in the community, including the MHPSS Symptoms Checklist, MHPSS Risk Factors and social service needs, and contribute to community benefit by reporting findings to the InfoHub Manager.
- Providing general experience sharing about cases with case workers.
- Act in accordance with the privacy of the beneficiary, especially prioritize child safety, and to support other team members to comply with the same sensitivities.
- Participate in all trainings and orientation meetings that may be held on the weekend from time to time.
- Fulfill any other ad hoc tasks that may be delegated by the affiliated InfoHub Manager and work within the general principles of the project.
- Ensure that the project runs in a healthy way in cooperation with all the personnel. Avoid any kind of behavior and attitude in which the beneficiaries and personnel may be physically or psychologically damaged.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology.
- Educational background in social work understanding common mental disorders medical ethics psychosocial approaches
- Minimum 1 years of experience as clinical psychologist or counselor.
- Working experience in NGO’s in social and/or mental health services.
- Experience and skills working with people affected by violence.
- Able to work at individual care and community support levels.
- Good understanding of the target population and goals of the program.
- Proficient level both written and spoken of English, Turkish and/or Arabic is an asset.
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel).
- No military service liability for male candidates untill July 2020.
- Turkish Nationality is a must.
IBC (UA Mavi Hilal)
Since more than 19 years, IBC has been working to help in alleviating human sufferings, hunger, illiteracy among all people regardless of nationality, ethnicity, race, color, social origin, religion, belief, language, political opinion, gender, age, and sexual orientation, genetic and physical features.