The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international operating non-governmental organization serving and protecting uprooted people, regardless of faith, race, ethnicity, or nationality.
For three decades, ICMC has partnered with the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration to conduct refugee resettlement. Currently ICMC operates under a cooperative agreement with the Department of State (DOS), as a Resettlement Support Centre (RSC) and under a contract with European Asylum Support Office (EASO) to prepare eligible refugee for resettlement to US and European Union Member States. As part of this service we work with several thousands of refugees and their families each year and take them through each stage of processing that is required for resettlement to the U.S.A. ICMC also has a sub-office in Beirut, Lebanon. The caseload includes a variety of different nationalities, including Iraqis, Iranians, Syrians and Afghans.
ICMC strives to provide high quality services to refugees, comply with funders’ regulatory requirements and is applying for international quality standards for data security and data integrity. Training and staff development is an essential component to achieve these standards and ICMC has set up a staff Training Committee chaired by the Head of Cultural Orientation and Training.
SCOPE OF WORK
ICMC is seeking an experienced individual who will provide direction and structure to our staff development and training activities at our offices in Istanbul and Beirut. The person in this position will provide leadership to a Training Committee, coordinate with management and supervisors to address staff development and training opportunities, design and deliver trainings and help through training initiatives and outcomes ensure quality programming and compliance with ICMC headquarters and donor requirements.
- Organize and provide leadership to the training and development committee ensuring following objectives are met;
- identify, prioritize and facilitate training activities according to funders’ requirements, quality assurance, legal responsibilities and ICMC organizational objectives.
- conduct assessments of staff and departments to determine individual and department level training needs.
- assess available training resources within ICMC or among stakeholders, partners and suppliers for any appropriate training, including on-line training.
- select and purchase external training services or activities following ICMC’s purchasing guidelines.
- prepare and implement annual training plan in collaboration with agency departments and external resources.
- Analyse training outcomes, effectiveness and costs and make recommendation to management for future training and development opportunities.
- Design and deliver periodic seminars, workshops, and in-house training sessions.
- Collaborate on staff development and trainings needs with managers and supervisors.
- Collaborate with the SSC around staff trainings for the pre and post launch of START, a new refugee data processing system.
- Liaise with staff involved with ICMC program integrity including Headquarters.
- Support colleagues in the design, development and delivery of all mandatory and on the job trainings.
- Record all training that staff has received, either by external specialist training, attendance at conferences, on-the-job training and internal /external training and ensure that records are securely maintained in personnel files.
- Work with Head of Finance and Administration to prepare annual training budget with as much detail as required.
- Prepare briefs for senior management and author reports about training and development for funders.
- Report on any activity or trends which may imply malfeasance or abuse of trust and report to management and / or the Risk and Compliance Coordinator.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Head of Cultural Orientation and Training and / or Senior Management Team.
- University degree in Human Resource Management, Staff Development, Social Sciences, Communications, Education, or related field.
- Minimum two years of experience related to the fields of either staff development / training, quality assurance, program integrity.
- Demonstrated skills in cross-training staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Turkish and English.
- Excellent command of MS Office applications and other computer programs.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must have the initiative to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Previous instructional and / or training experience preferred.
- Commitment to uphold ICMC’s values of fairness, equality and respect of human dignity.
- Commitment to safeguard refugee interests and to prevent any real or perceived abuse of trust and conflict of interest.
- Conduct work with the highest level of personal and professional integrity. Must comply with and actively promote ICMC's zero tolerance policy with regard to sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment, abuse of power, fraud and corruption in all of its activities and responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY?
This position is open to Turkish citizens only.Interested candidates should submit a detailed CV of maximum four pages in English, a motivation letter and two professional references with full and up to date contact details via email, to: our HR Address on the company profile section.
The Vacancy Notice number TU-IST-20-CO-01 and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9th October 2020.
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to a Zero-Tolerance Policy toward sexual exploitation, abuses and all forms of unlawful harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment. Screening of applications includes the vetting for records of prior misconduct and reference checking. ICMC may take other necessary measures to ensure that people involved in substantiated cases of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment will not be recruited.
ICMC is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants. ICMC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, colour, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age.
By submitting an application, you agree that ICMC collects and manages the information that you provide. Your personal information will be used for recruitment purposes only. Your application will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Application Address: email@example.com
Ref Code: TU-IST-20-CO-01