1. Data collection:
- Build, develop and mantain REACH Key Informant (KI) network in Sirya.
- Contribute to data collection for the regular information products by conducting direct interviews with the KIs.
- Following up and cross check information collected from the network
- Provide timely updates to the Senior Project Officer focal point of any changes, challenges, and difficulties related to data collection
2. Management of the team leaders:
- Management and supervision of the team leaders on their daily tasks of data collection, data managament, data process, etc.
- Supervision of the team leaders that work directly with enumerators in Syria.
- Training of team leader and enumerators on assessment methodologies, and data collection tools.
- Follow-up on administrative and technical issues pertaining to the team leaders and enumerators.
- Provide timely updates to the Senior Project Officer focal point of any changes, challenges, and difficulties related the assessments
- In close cooperation with the REACH focal point, manage and supervise Project Officers and enumerators’ work plans.
3. Assessment Coordination:
- Manage the team leaders during primary data collection and field assessments.
- Ensure timely circulation of assessment materials amonth the team leaders.
- Act as a focal point for data collection questions from team leaders.
- Ensure timely, steady, and quality primary data collection for assessments.
- Ensure the reliability and triangulation of the primary data collection with primary and secondary data.
- Ensure the timely delivery of information from team leaders.
- Lead and manage the team leaders, including information management, assessment technical support, and logistical support during assessments.
- Organize and lead trainings for enumerators in assessment methodology, as well as in other assessment and data collection initiatives REACH may be involved.
For regional projects, this will include liasion with the regional teams in Jordan, Lebanon, and Iraq.
4. Data Management, Data Analysis, Report Writing:
- Provide regular thematic updates on the humanitarian situation in Syria.
- Promote the development assessment products.
Monitor and analyze local, regional, and international information networks, including social media.
- Lead on primary data management and cleaning.
- Manage and support team leaders and enumerators on primary and secondary data analysis and report review.
- Contribute to assessment methodologies and tools development, as well as assessments.
- Provision of regular updates on data collection processes, and reporting.
5. Human Resources and Finance:
- Support the Senior Project Officer in dealing with payment procedures
- Support the Senior Project Officer in dealing with contractual procedures
- Support the Senior Project Officer in providing timely and accurrate contractual and financial information related to the team leaders and the enumerators
- Support in hiring processes of new team leaders and enumerators under the supervision of the Senior Project Officer.
- Expertise in remote management, training skills and understanding of the Syrian context.
- Professional background: minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience in NGOs.
- Fluency written and spoken in Arabic.
- Fluency written and spoken in English.
- Excellent command of Excel and other data management software.
- Legally allowed to work in Turkey.
ACTED currently has operations in northern Syria and Turkey. The activities include WASH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.