Doctors Worldwide Turkey is looking for a Receptionist for the WHO supported Project for Refugee Health Centres.
Doctors Worldwide Turkey is an international humanitarian aid organization who serves medical relief to communities in need through the provision of sustainable medical relief and health-based development programs over 40 countries worldwide.
Doctors Worldwide Turkey will support WHO Refugee Health Program to improve access to health services for Syrian refugees by implementing operations and outreach activities in Istanbul, Gaziantep and Şanlıurfa.
The receptionist will be responsible for the welcoming of patients to the health center, particularly initial patient registration and the provision of valuable information.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the nurse in charge of the triage;
- Ensure to welcome the patient in the waiting area, a safe and quiet atmosphere;
- Fill in the information in the registration book;
- Be respectful to the patients and their relatives;
- Treat all patients equally with respect to ethical and confidential issues;
- Be the first point of contact for patients attending the health center, record registration data and provide patients with the information they require;
- Ensure a good level of communication and understanding between the team and the beneficiaries
- Ensure understanding of the functioning of the health center, that patients know where to go and what to expect;
- Provide orientation to the patient;
- Perform crowd management support;
- Implement any other activity requested by the administration;
- Teamwork: To develop and promote effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results;
- Delivering results: To produce and deliver quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; the candidate is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes;
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seek to learn, share knowledge and be innovative;
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work;
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way;
All DWWT staff members must abide by and demonstrate three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respect and promote individual and cultural
differences; encourage diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate the ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- 1 – 3 years of experience working as a receptionist or in a related field;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Good time management skills;
- Able to contribute positively as part of a team. Assisting in various tasks as required;
- Advanced level of Arabic and Turkish;
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.