The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international non-governmental organization, whose mission is to protect and serve uprooted people, including refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced people, victims of human trafficking, and migrants - regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. In collaboration with governmental and non-governmental partners, and through a worldwide network of members, ICMC implements and advocates for right-based policies and sustainable solutions to address global migration challenges. ICMC’s operations are aimed to respond to the needs of vulnerable individuals and communities, and focus on protection, humanitarian assistance, resettlement, migration and development.
For four decades, ICMC has partnered with the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration to conduct refugee resettlement. Currently ICMC operates under a cooperative agreement with the Department of State (DOS), as a Resettlement Support Centre (RSC) and under a contract with European Asylum Support Office (EASO) to prepare eligible refugee for resettlement to US and European Union Member States. As part of this service, we work with several thousands of refugees and their families each year and take them through each stage of processing that is required for resettlement to the U.S.A. ICMC also has a sub-office in Beirut, Lebanon.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Refugee Information Unit Caseworker is responsible for promoting a positive image of ICMC/RSC through timely and effective communication with refugee applicants. The Refugee Information Unit Caseworker is a vital point of contact between refugee applicants and ICMC/RSC staff. The Refugee Information Unit Caseworker is also expected to support the Refugee Information Unit Supervisor and the Head of Program Integrity and Communications in analyzing, developing, and improving internal and external communication activities as needed.
- Answering written and verbal inquiries from refugee applicants on a daily basis;
- Assisting ICMC/ RSC to schedule appointments for refugee applicants;
- Closely coordinating with colleagues and other ICMC RSC departments in regard to refugee inquiries and scheduling;
- Collecting and maintaining required information related to refugee applications and regularly updating electronic records accordingly;
- Supporting the Refugee Information Unit Supervisor with the dissemination of relevant information to refugee applicants;
- Assisting the Refugee Information Unit Supervisor and the Department with ICMC/ RSC’s Refugee Information Website;
- Supporting the Refugee Information Unit Supervisor with internal and external communications (including publications) related to refugee applicants;
- Supporting the Refuge Information Unit Supervisor and the Head of Program Integrity and Communications in the coordination of special events, open houses, displays, exhibits, etc.;
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Refugee Information Unit Supervisor and the Head of Program Integrity and Communications.
- Turkish citizenship;
- Native fluency in Arabic or Farsi (written and spoken) is required;
- Knowledge of Kurdish dialects is a plus;
- Relevant university degree or equivalent experience required;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Commitment to uphold ICMC’s values of fairness, equality and respect of human dignity;
- Commitment to safeguard refugee applicant interests and to prevent any real or perceived abuse of trust and conflict of interest;
- Proven inter-personal skills and insight into conditions of refugees to treat them with patience and compassion, calmly and tactfully;
- Ability to accurately follow instructions regarding ICMC/PRM policies and procedures to provide and clarify information to refugee applicants;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage refugee applicant inquiries;
- Ability to identify problems and analyze alternatives to develop recommendations for improvements;
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility to perform in a dynamic workplace with strict deadlines and at times with constant interruptions;
- Experience in working in a multicultural work environment;
- Willingness to work flexible hours and at time weekends as needed;
- Conduct work with the highest level of personal and professional integrity. Must comply with and actively promote ICMC's zero tolerance policy with regard to sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment, abuse of power, fraud and corruption in all of its activities and responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates should submit a detailed CV of maximum four pages in English, a motivation letter and two professional references with full and up to date contact details via email, to: our HR Address on the company profile section.
The Vacancy Notice number TU-IST-21-RIU-01 and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 6th August 2021.
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to a Zero-Tolerance Policy toward sexual exploitation, abuses and all forms of unlawful harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment. Screening of applications includes the vetting for records of prior misconduct and reference checking. ICMC may take other necessary measures to ensure that people involved in substantiated cases of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment will not be recruited.
ICMC is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants. ICMC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age.
By submitting your application, you agree that ICMC collects and processes the information you provide. Your personal information will only be used for recruitment purposes. Your application will be kept strictly confidential. In any case, your personal information will be stored until the end of the application process and then destroyed in accordance with the relevant legislation if we do not have the opportunity to offer you a position.
If you have sent your personal information to us, we would like to indicate that you have the following rights.
- Learning whether personal data is processed,
- Requesting information if it has been processed, learning the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used appropriately for their purpose,
- To know the third parties to whom personal data are transferred domestically or abroad,
- To request correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing,
- Requesting the deletion or destruction of personal data,
- Request notification of the processes regarding the correction, deletion or destruction of personal data to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred,
- Object to the occurrence of a result against the person himself by analyzing the processed data exclusively through automated systems,
- To request the compensation of the damage in case of damage due to the illegal processing of personal data.
In general, if you have any questions about your personal information, or if you have complaints and / or objections to the processing of your personal information, please contact us via our application address.
Application Address for all ICMC Positions: firstname.lastname@example.org