Ref No: TU-IST-18-RIU-02
Reports to: Refugee Information Supervisor and Head of RSC Communications
REFUGEE INFORMATION WEB SPECIALIST
(REFUGEE DIGITAL INFORMATION SPECIALIST)
REFUGEE INFORMATION UNIT
The Refugee Information Web Specialist (RefugeeDigital Information Specialist) is responsible for promoting a positive image of ICMC/RSC through timely and effective communication with refugees. RefugeeInformation Web Specialist (Refugee Digital Information Specialist) is a vital point of contact between refugees and ICMC/RSC. S/he is expected to support theRefugee Information Supervisor and the Head of RSC Communications in analyzing, developing, and improving internal and external communication activities as needed.
Key Roles and responsibilities
- To update and maintain the organization’s“Refugee Information Website” which provides vital information to refugees in the program;
- To coordinate with external website developers,ICMC’s Information Technology Department, ICMC’s Data Reporting Analyst and other staff/departments for the maintenance and effective functioning of the website;
- To support all web-based and digital refuse communication activities and projects (through the website, waiting room kiosks, SMS systems, etc.);
- To analyze and regularly report trends and data from the Refugee Information Website;
- To monitor and approve refugee registrations with the Refugee Information Website.
- To assist the Refugee Information Supervisor with targeted communications initiatives, including but not limited to refugee surveys, updating informational signs throughout the building, updating refugee pamphlets and handouts, etc.;
- To support the Refugee Information Supervisor with internal and external communications (including publications), including the dissemination of relevant information to refugees;
- To support the daily activities of the RefugeeInformation Unit, including answering written and verbal inquiries from refugees and coordinating timely responses with colleagues in other ICMCdepartments;
- To work in collaboration with casual workers(interpreters) and assigned staff in ICMC Istanbul and Beirut offices in answering refugee inquiries;
- To support the Refuge Information Supervisor and the Head of RSC Communications in coordination of special events, open houses,displays, exhibits, etc.;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of RSC Communications and the Refugee Information Supervisor.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Commitment to uphold ICMC’s values of fairness, equality and respect of human dignity;
- Commitment to safeguard refugee interests and to prevent any real or perceived abuse of trust and conflict of interest;
- Demonstrated competencies in website content management, including proposing relevant information and visual design;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required.
- Knowledge of Farsi and/or Arabic is an advantage; Relevant university degree or equivalent experience required;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Proven inter-personal skills and insight into conditions of refugees to treat them with patience and compassion, calmly and tactfully;
- Ability to accurately follow instructions regarding program policies and procedures regarding appropriate communications with refugees;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage the inquiry workload of Refugee Information Unit;
- Ability to identify problems and analyze alternatives to develop workable solutions;
- Ability to effectively work in a dynamic environment with many deadlines and at times with many interruptions;
- Experience working in a multi-cultural work environment.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your up-to-date CV via email to the ICMC CV address together with a cover letter explaining why you think you would be suited to this post. The closing date for the applications is 20th December 2018.
Please include the posting reference number (TU-IST-18-RIU-02) and your full name in the email subject line. Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
For over three decades, ICMC has partnered with the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration to conduct refugee resettlement. Currently ICMC operates under a cooperative agreement with the Department of State (DOS), as a Resettlement Support Centre (RSC) to prepare eligible refugee applications for consideration for resettlement in Turkey and Middle East (TuME). As part of this service we work with several thousands of refugees and their families each year and take them through each stage of processing that is required for resettlement to the U.S.A. ICMC RSC has its headquarters in Istanbul, Turkey and also maintains an operational presence in Beirut, Lebanon.
Application Address: firstname.lastname@example.org