ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is an international NGO founded in 1993 and headquartered in Paris. ACTED implements projects in 34 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, Central America and the Middle East. ACTED currently has operations in northern Syria and Turkey. The activities include WASH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.
The Reporting Officer ensures the production of timely reports in collaboration with the Project Development Department and Country Director. He/she assists the Project Development Department and the Country Director in developing internal and external country communication strategies and funding proposals.
The Reporting Officer’s role is to produce donor reports, internal and external communications, and to support the Project Development Department in the production of funding proposals. The Reporting Officer will work closely with Program Teams to ensure that the necessary information is collected from the field level and communicated appropriately to donors and relevant stakeholders.
Under the supervision of the Project Development Officer/Manager, the Reporting Officer will be responsible for;
- Production of Regular Project Reports
- Collect and synthesize data from the field, and draft reports in cooperation with project management, finance, monitoring and evaluation, and other field coordination departments.
- Support the Project Development Department with communication with donors, INGOs, and relevant stakeholders to ensure the necessary reporting requirements are met to an appropriate standard and on schedule.
- Submitting inter-agency reports and data matrices to ensure coordination within sectors (WASH, Shelter, FSL, CCCM, etc.).
- Monthly updates to ActivityInfo to ensure timely and accurate reports on targets achieved under all sectors. Ensure project documents are filed and up to date. Management of Internal and External Communications:
- Draft communications pieces to highlight ACTED Turkey’s activities and achievements
- Prepare and minute regular departmental coordination meetings.
- Ensure communication records are filed and up-to-date.Supporting Project Development:
- Assist the Project Development Officer in developing project proposals.
- This includes collecting data through field assessments, and the drafting of concept notes.
- Addressing ad hoc donor requests.
- The Reporting Officer will be appraised on his/her demonstration of the qualities and competencies listed below as well as from carrying out of the duties in the previous section.
- Diplomacy is required for all interactions with both project beneficiaries, ACTED staff and other project stakeholders
- Impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality are imperative
- Fluency in English is required
- Strong writing skills and the ability to present information clearly and concisely in English.
- Proficiency in all computer related tasks including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is strongly desirable.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative and organize work independently.
- Understanding the nature of work carried out by programs is necessary for ensuring the relevance and usability of the reports produced. Therefore a proactive and self-motivated attitude towards gaining a good understanding of ACTED programs is essential.
- Willingness to learn and capacity to innovate; the Reporting Officer must be inventive and eager to improve his/her own skills, and be capable to adapt, shape and develop tools best suited for ACTED’s activities
- Proficient professional working knowledge of English; ability to write detailed reports on a wide variety of subjects.
- Legally allowed to work in Turkey.
ACTED currently has operations in northern Syria and Turkey. The activities include WASH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.