We are looking for a highly motivated individual, graduated from university, who would be interested in joining us for a valuable experience in the Syria Response as Reporting Officer.
The candidate will prepare reports for the following programmes: FSL, WASH, Shelter and NFI, Early Recovery, Protection, Education, Civil Society, Health.
It is highly desired for the candidate to have previous experience in reporting, deep understanding of donors’ requirements and fluidity in writing both in English and Arabic.
- Collects and analyses information specific to projects to prepare reports, including tables and graphics;
- Process data from registration, verification, monitoring and post monitoring reports and extract the most valuable information to be added to reports;
- Supervise the reporting databases to ensure that all reports are prepared and submitted on time to donors;
- Oversee the compliance of the project with the actual application to ensure proper implementation and signalize delays to the Programme Head and the Unit Head;
- Participate in organizing specific sessions to improve the reporting skills of the staff;
- Participate in the preparation of the annual report of the organization.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Project Management, International Development or related fields
- Highly desirable, successful track record with ECHO, DFID, USAID, EC, other international donors reporting.
- Strong communication, writing and reporting skills
- IT skills ((Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Proficiency in English and Arabic
- Highly desirable, previous experience in preparing reports
- Knowledge of the Syrian environment and of the NGOs’ sector
- Previous experience in an NGO will be highly desirable, but not mandatory
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. WATAN reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.