Research Associate (Based in Turkey): Turkish and Arabic
|Glass Lewis Europe Limited||İstanbul|
|Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Glass Lewis is the world’s choice for governance solutions. We enable institutional investors and publicly listed companies to make sustainable decisions based in research and data. We cover 25,000+ meetings each year, across approximately 100 global markets.
Our customers include the majority of the world’s largest pension plans, mutual funds, and asset managers, collectively managing over $40 trillion in assets. We have teams located across the United States, Europe, and Asia-Pacific giving us global reach with a local perspective on the important governance issues.
Founded in 2003, Glass Lewis is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Kansas City, Australia, Germany, U.K., Ireland, and Japan.
As Glass Lewis Europe Limited, we are hiring a Research Associate on a fixed-term contract starting from June 2021 in collaboration with our business partner Komba. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate strong analytical writing skills, have an interest in ESG and executive remuneration, have the desire and ability to learn quickly.
The Research Associate will work with the research team to produce unbiased, independent research (Proxy Papers) covering listed companies, by:
- Reviewing meeting materials disclosed by publicly listed companies (e.g. annual report, notice of meeting);
- Analysing information with regards to corporate governance practices;
- Summarising meeting proposals and providing voting recommendations based on best practice.
- A degree in Business, Law, Economics, Engineering, Political Science, International Relations, Languages or other related field of studies
- Native in Turkish and fluent in Arabic (oral & written)
- Excellent English reading and writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Task and time management skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure whilst paying attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- IT skills; proficiency in MS Office, Excel and online research tools
- Experience in ESG research is considered an advantage
Please include a cover letter with your CV outlining how you are suitable for this role. Details of language proficiency in Arabic and English should be included with your application, if available (e.g. language certificate, diploma, or evidence of significant experience abroad).