Response Security Coordinator, Turkey and North Syria (Turkish National)
|World Vision International||Şanlıurfa|
|Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)|
About World Vision International
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
Position Title: Response Security Coordinator, Turkey and North Syria
Location: Şanlıurfa , Turkey
If you meet our requirements, please submit your English resume with a cover letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted.
Purpose of the Position
To support World Vision’s Safety and Security Risk Management (SSRM) efforts in Turkey and Northern Syria: Ensure continuous safety and security awareness and standards within areas of responsibility. Support the Response Security Director in ensuring that effective security measures for World Vision programs are appropriately planned for and addressed. Be a Safety and Security focal point for Implementing Partners. Carry out routine tasks relating to SSRM.
Organization and Planning
- Ensure alignment with WV security policies and standards, thus ensuring that operational priorities are enabled and appropriately supported.
- Work closely with relevant WV staff and selected Partner staff as appropriate, to carry out Security Risk Assessments.
- Ensure adequate and contextually appropriate planning, including: Safety and Security Management Plan, Contingency Plans, and Emergency Plans.
- Review and keep up-to-date Safety and Security Management SOPs.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Conduct context analysis and stakeholder analysis, as it relates to safety of WV staff, assets, and operations.
- Maintain daily situation awareness, as it relates to safety and security threats in area as well as WV staff, assets, and Programs.
- Ensure that all security incidents are reported in accordance with WV Security Policy.
- Provide security-related advice, in written and oral form, to the manager and other staff.
- Collect, analyze and disseminate security information appropriately.
Safety and Security Implementation
- Ensure Core Security Requirements are implemented in line with local context and in accordance with Office or Corporate Security guidelines.
- Provide input and support to management in crisis situations and critical incidents.
- Ensure incidents are managed properly and conduct investigations when required.
- Evaluate existing security measures to determine their appropriateness and identify areas needing improvement. Follow up with actions to oversee or implement those improvements.
- Support present and new Areas of Operations in terms of access and Safety as required/directed.
- Seek to develop a culture of security awareness and monitor compliance.
- Undertake other security-related functions or responsibilities as delegated/ requested by manager.
Capacity Building, Training and Briefings
- Contribute to the assessment, development and implementation of the Response Office Capacity Building Plan.
- Conduct rehearsals and practical exercises to ensure that staff are familiar with contingency plans and can implement them confidently.
- Deliver all required Training and Briefings to WV staff and visitors in Turkey.
- Assist in developing and delivering Safety and Security Training and Briefing material for WV inside Syira.
Networking and External Liaison/ Engagement
- Build ongoing networks for sharing security information and coordination.
- Represent WV at local NGO and UN security and access network meetings. Ensure information from these groups is disseminated to relevant staff.
- Develop and maintain relationships with security-related actors, including host government law enforcement authorities and other stakeholders to ensure effective information sharing.
- Coordinate with Partner Organizations and Local Implementing Partners on Security related matters, including Capacity Assessment and support.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to humanitarian work or risk management, such as security management, disaster response, regional studies, social science, business administration or similar. Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- A detailed understanding of security and cultural context of Syria (especially in the north).
- At least 5 years’ work experience, preferably - in an international organization. Experience working with Humanitarian Organizations and/or in high-risk contexts preferred.
- Experience in Security and/or Safety Risk Management is desired. Experience with NGO security, access and/or project management is highly preferable.
- Professional qualifications would be considered an advantage (e.g. ISMI CSMP, ASIS CPP or INSSA SRMP).
- GIS skills or advanced ICT skills would be an advantage.
- Computer competency with email and MS Office is essential.
- Demonstrated understanding of security concerns. Good context analysis skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively with team members.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a must. Fluency in Arabic is strongly preferred. Working knowledge of Turkish would be an asset.
The incumbent will be expected to spend significant amount of their time between coordinating with Humanitarian actors in Gaziantep and working with World Vision staff in Turkey in WV Office in Şanlıurfa. Flexible working modalities may be considered in exceptional circumstances. Some travel may be occasionally required across Turkey or internationally. Strong preference will be given to candidates with ability to travel to North West Syria.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
** For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website:
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.**