HQ - Gaziantep
Shafak was officially established on 10-10-2013 (registration no. 27-016-129). It was founded during the early months of the Syrian Crisis in 2011. At its core, Shafak is a grassroots NGO that was formed by Syrians for Syrians, with the intent of addressing the needs of their life with dignity, equality, and humanity with a focus on sustainability and autonomy.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and in the long run to contribute to recovery and rebuilding the society on a freedom, justice, and equality basis.
As a member of the Security Management Team and while working under the technical leadership of Security & Safety coordinator, you will ensure the safety and security of Shafak staff, assets, programme operation and images by employing Shafak Policies and Procedures.
Reports to; S&S Coordinator
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required.
- Conduct and update security assessments of field areas and distribution sites, as directed.
- Follow-up on incidents in support to affected Shafak staff members.
- Collect and compile weekly report on local information relative to Shafak areas of operation.
- Ensure the SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) are in effect being observed by all staff.
- Coordinating with relevant line manager, ensure that all staff are briefed (including drivers and guards) regularly on personal security issues and that security procedures are understood and respected at all times.
- Contribute to Weekly, Monthly, Yearly security reports.
- Assisting in Incident / Crisis Management when required.
- Coordination with the communities and the actors on the ground.
- Maintain close contacts with all relevant stakeholders to develop a network and build relationships with key actors to ensure gathering of reliable security information.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Security coordinator
Demonstrate adherence to Shafak’s following policies:
Child Safeguarding Policy: Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to Shafak, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Shafak is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy, Shafak expressly prohibit and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Shafak employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Shafak.
Notice: We will discuss these policies during the interview, so if you are asked to interview please download and read them beforehand:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Degree in a relevant field required, minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in NGO security or similar position.
- A commitment to working constructively with members of other teams and a service oriented attitude
- Understands the complexity and values of non-profit organizations
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Good Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook email, internet)
- Good knowledge of political and security situation in Syria\ Turky and the region.
- Ability to cope with stress; work under pressure often to strict deadlines.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with discretion, to respond positively to challenges, and to find creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Turkish.
- Experience in military, police, security management preferably in the police or military context or related area.
- Interpersonal communication and proven written/presentation skills.
- Understanding and appreciation of the local and western culture and security challenges.
- Work experience with law enforcement entities.
- Turkish Nationality.
HOW TO APPLY:
You can apply through the link:
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and on the long run to contribute to recover and rebuilding the society on freedom, justice and equality basis.