Security Coordinator (Ref: Security Coordinator)
|The MENTOR Initiative||Gaziantep|
|Security Coordinator||Uluslararası Organizasyonlar|
|Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)|
The MENTOR Initiative saves lives in emergencies through tropical disease control and then stays to help people recover from crisis with dignity, working side by side with communities, health workers and health authorities to leave a lasting impact.
The MENTOR Initiative is a discrete and agile humanitarian organisation purpose built to relieve human suffering from tropical diseases. We act in some of the world’s most austere and vulnerable communities, who are often devastated and forgotten. Regardless of race, creed or nationality, MENTOR strives to deliver disease control to populations at greatest risk of suffering and death. Our first and last considerations are the needs of the people we serve.
- Title: Security Coordinator
- Department: Security
- Answer to: Country Director
- Start Date: 1st of March 2023
- Location: Gaziantep - Turkey
- Duration : 6 months
This position will be responsible for developing new, and strengthening existing, MENTOR Security SOPs, policies, protocols, tools, and analyses. It will it will be the connection between MENTOR Gaziantep office / HQ and the field Security Teams, ensuring clear and effective communication in both directions. In coordination with the Country Director and the Global Head of Security, this position will be responsible for shaping the Security strategy for MENTOR across its areas of operation.
(Essential Duties - A):
- Responsible for monitoring and mapping the developing security situation in Syria with a particular focus on areas in which MENTOR is conducting operations
- Developing a clear digital / physical mapping of the localized threat level in Syria that can be used to overlay MENTOR facilities, areas of operations and key transport routes.
- Providing a weekly security update, focused on MENTOR’s Area of Operations (AOs) to all MENTOR staff
- Providing ad hoc security updates in response to any significant changes in the security situation in MENTOR AOs
- Responsible for tracking the safe movement of staff and assets in Syria
- Developing and responsible for managing the call-in system at the beginning and end of day for all MENTOR field staff
- Tracking the movement of MENTOR staff and assets in the field when taking new routes or working outside of routine AOs
- Writing Security Reports: Security Risk Assessments for MENTOR facilities, Flash reports,Weekly SITREP, Incident Reports
- Acting as point of contact for security-related issues for MENTOR in Syria; Receiving and distributing relevant security information and instruction to MENTOR staff in Syria and Turkey
- Providing security advice and recommendations to MENTOR management: Making suggestions for improvements or adaptations in all domains of his activity. Work with the Country Director to review and develop MENTOR Security SOPs.
- Supporting other MENTOR departments as required: to support HR department during the recruitment process in terms of candidate’s background checking. Assist in premises selection, ensure that all MI premises are secured and equipped with all necessary safety and security tools.
- To ensure that all MI vehicles are equipped with all necessary safety and security tools all the time.
- University degree in Strategic Security Studies, International Relations, Security Management/ Administration, Criminology, or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum five (4) years’ experience working on security and/or crisis risk management issues for a relevant international organizations in a related field (e.g., human rights, rule of law, international relations, humanitarian, or development) operating in complex conflict or post-conflict environments.
- Experience in conducting security risk assessments as integral part of operational planning and enabling operations.
- Experience in the Middle East and familiar with the Syrian context.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic is essential; Knowledge of Turkish is an asset.
- Advanced reporting skills.
As the MENTOR Initiative is working in a constantly changing humanitarian aid environment reasonable specific work duties may occasionally be requested that may not fit into the above job description, but which will help promote programs goals and aims. This includes the possibility of transfer to another similar post across MENTOR country programmes within the period of this contract agreement.
The MENTOR Initiative applies zero tolerance to the exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment of women, children and all others, and, mobilizes all its staff in the implementation of its global policy. The MENTOR Initiative will contact previous employers of applicants to determine if they have had a history of violating codes of conduct relating to sexual harassment, exploitation or abuse and fraud.
This Terms of Reference document does not constitute a job offer or an employment contract. After MENTOR Initiative’s review of applicants, the successful candidate will be sent an email including a job offer allowing 5 days for the candidate to accept or reject the offer.Any such job offer will be contingent on a positive background check (including without limitation reference checks with previous employers, BI check, sanctions list check, and court record checks) and a mutually agreed upon deployment date. Any job offer may be withdrawn until an employment contract is signed by both the successful candidate and MENTOR Initiative.
By submitting a job/internship application to MENTOR Initiative in response to this Terms of Reference, you agree that you have read the Clarification Text on the Processing of Personal Data and agree to the processing of your personal data by MENTOR Initiative in accordance with the Clarification Text on the Processing of Personal Data.
Please click here to review The MENTOR Initiative (Clarification Text on The Processing of Personal Data)
How to apply:
Interested candidates, please attach a CV in English and a Cover letter demonstrating how your skills and experience match the requirements of this position, to the following email address: email@example.com mentioning the reference code: Security Coordinator in the subject of your email.
** Applications other than English will not be considered **
** Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline for submission of the applications **
** Only short-listed candidates will be contacted **
** Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply **