Security Guard - Part Time (National Post) (Ref: CWW_SG_014)
|Security Guard||Uluslararası Organizasyonlar|
|İngilizce (B2, Level 4, Intermediate ),Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
About Concern: Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest, and conflict affected countries. Concern has been working in Turkey since August 2013 and currently looking for a Security Guard.
Job Title Security Guard
Locations Sanliurfa, Turkey
Reporting line Admin Officer
Supervisory Responsibility No
Closely work with Receptionist, Admin Officer
Job Status Fixed term; 6 Months (extendable)
Job Grade G
Number of hours 20 per week
Job Overview: The guard is responsible for protecting organization assets and welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Protect property and lives by patrolling the area:
- Protect the company’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety issues
- Monitor entrance of property
- Identify visitors and ask for appropriate documents
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring visitor logbook; issuing
- Respond to alarms and calls of distress
- Investigate thefts and file police reports
- Call for aid if necessary
- Use communication devices to stay in contact with security personnel
- Report rule infractions and violations
- Inspect windows and doors to ensure locks are in place and working
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Any other task required by direct supervisor
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Minimum high school degree
- At least 1 year experience in relevant position
- Strong command of written and spoken Turkish and Arabic
- To have security certificate from relevant authorities
Preference will be given to candidates who are:
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English are preferred
- Knowledge of Basic Security and Fire Inspection Procedures
- Confidentiality, strong sense of integrity
- Multi task Management, calm, rigorous, and organized
- Strong awareness of basic security risks, risk management and fire inspection procedures
- Strong organization and reporting skills
- Will have excellent self-motivation skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Adaptable and capable of working well under pressure
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
If you feel that your qualifications and experience match our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern’s values, please send both a covering letter and an up-to-date CV.
Please note, both CV and cover letter should be in English and the role you are applying for set out clearly provided in the apply button
Equal opportunities: Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion.
- Please mention the position applied and location in the email subject-header
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
- Application Closing Date: 17.02.2019
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behavious expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
We are an international humanitarian organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries.
We work in partnership with the very poorest people in these countries, directly enabling them to improve their lives, as well as using our knowledge and experience to influence decisions made at a local, national and international level that can significantly reduce extreme poverty. In 2015, we positively impacted the lives of 22.5 million people.