Position: Security Officer
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reports to: NWS Security Manager
Duration: 1 year
Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Relief International is a registered NGO in Turkey and is based in Gaziantep to implement refugee support programs in Turkey and cross-border programs in northern Syria in health and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH).
The Security Officer will based in the country office of a permissive environment and will provide security support to remote programming in hostile/conflict environment. The Security Officer will be responsible to support the NWS Security Manager with the development, implementation and maintenance of the Security Management System in order to support Relief International’s programming in Syria.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the NWS Security Manager for matters relating to programming safety and security issues.
- Develop and liaise with a network in order to improve program situational awareness.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Conformance to the RI Country Security Plan
- Maintain high level of humanitarian professional safety & security standards.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the key RI Turkey staff members to manage program safety & security:
- Security Manager– 40 %
- RI Security Field Staff – 20%
- Deputy Program Manager – 10%
- Monitoring and Evaluation Team – 10%
- Human Resources Team– 10 %
- Operations Warehousing Team – 10%
- The % above are approximations only, these will vary to accommodate program needs.
- Assist with the management of security incidents in accordance with Relief International Security Policy
- Creating work plan to cover all admin and safety requirements for organization
- Configuring security systems, analyzing security requirements, and recommending improvements.
- Contribute to the monthly security report and incident reporting,
- Follow up with Security field officers on all the needed physical security upgrades for the static locations
- Ensure the safety surveys and security briefing are up to date
- Make sure to close out all PRs of the proposed budget under security on time
- Update the security trackers on regular basis including but not limited to safety and security equipment, PRs, staff travel and check
- Update the security incidents database and maps.
- Track safety related incidents and developments in NWS
- Performing other tasks as required by the Line Manager
Qualifications & Requirements
- Three years of experience in direct safety and security management
- Previous experience working in non-governmental organization
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel
- High computer skills on MS Office programs
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action
- Ability to work under pressure and with very short deadlines & strong communications skills.
- Excellent oral and written English
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
- We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- We value
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
All RI staff, volunteers and interns must adhere and respect these values.
All Relief International members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the RI policies such as, RI Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. All new comers are expected to adhere to all these policies.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
How to Apply:
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to provided in the apply/başvur button before April 28, 2021 stating in the subject “Security Officer“ All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey"
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of the applications