Senior Advisor, Partnerships and External Coordination
|International Federation Of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies||Ankara|
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Senior Advisor, Partnerships and External Coordination ESSN III (IFRC03880)
IFRC is currently seeking a Senior Advisor, Partnerships and External Coordination to join the ESSN III Team in Ankara (Turkey).
Under the supervision of the External Coordination Manager, the Partnerships and External Coordination Senior Advisor will contribute to policy formulation and provision of technical advice to senior management on programme areas. The Senior Advisor, Partnerships and External Coordination will also be responsible for managing development of new and existing partnerships with government institutions, national and international public and private partners..
Some Job Duties and Responsibilities
External Coordination, Relationships and Representation
- Build and maintain effective relationships with representatives of government partners, national and international public and private partners through appropriate channels and participate in regular meetings.
- Provide advice to programme units and management as required to assist them to effectively manage the relationship with Government institution and TRC.
- Provide technical advice or mobilize technical expertise on programme and policy issues including assessment and analysis, the choice of objectives, activities, transfer modalities and the deployment and testing of innovative approaches.
- Support the reformulating and coordination of the ESSN task force with TRC and other stakeholders
- Assist counterparts in government and other partners in identifying where assistance can be usefully employed and provide support and technical expertise for the planning, formulation and implementation of the assistance programmes.
- Represent IFRC at all meetings at appropriate levels in such a way that advances the programmes, government partnerships strategy and objectives, and builds support for ESSN activities.
Support to Policy Development
• Conduct policy mapping
• Develop new methodologies to improve the liaison processes with both government and TRC, keep abreast with relevant best practices.
• Advise and support the development of functional training in areas of expertise to enhance the capacity of IFRC and TRC staff to design and deliver effective assistance programmes.
• Develops new methodologies to improve the liaison processes with both government and implementing partner, keeps abreast with relevant best practices.
- University degree (in Communication or Social/Behavioural Sciences i.e. Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology or Health Education) or relevant experience.
- At least five (5) years of postgraduate professional experience in economics, international affairs, business administration, social sciences or any relevant field with at least four (4) years of professional experience closely related to Development and/or Humanitarian Assistance, Partnerships with NGOs and/or Government entities.
- Engaged in policy discussions and provided input into policy decisions
- Experience in policy mapping
- Experience in relationship-building and stakeholder management – high level influencing and negotiation skills; able to build and maintain effective networks & partnerships
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including writing strategies, briefing papers, concept notes and ability to synthesize key concepts and convey messages to diverse audiences
- Strong analytic, strategic thinking, and planning skills
- Strong knowledge and/or has worked in the Turkish Government and/or institutions
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Ability to formulate and maintain strong relationships and develop networks with appropriate stakeholders.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Fluently spoken and written Turkish and English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
How You Apply:
If you believe you have the skills and experience to fulfil this vital and challenging role, we'd love to hear from you.
Find the full job description and apply online by submitting your cover letter and resume HERE by the closing date 14th April, 2020. For more information on IFRC please visit our website: www.ifrc.org.
Please note that the position will stay open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The IFRC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to workforce diversity.