Ecorys Turkey isseeking for a highly motivated individuals to join our team as a Senior Consultant. Ecorys specialises in the following sectors and sub-sectors;
· Transport and Infrastructure (Ports,Corridors and Logistics; Urban Mobility, Public Transport and Parking;Sustainable Transport; Infrastructure and Mobility Management; Aviation andAirports)
· Regions and Cities (Smart &Resilient Cities; Housing and Real Estate; Local and Regional Development;Social Housing Policy)
· Economic Growth (Trade andInvestment; Private Sector Development and SMEs; Competitiveness; Competitionand Regulation; Digital Economy; Research and Innovation)
· Social Policy (Health andHealthcare; Education; Employment and Labour Markets; Equality, Diversity andInclusion; Children and young people; Culture, Heritage and Sport; Poverty,Debt and Financial Inclusion, Lifelong Learning)
· Natural Resources (Energy Policy;Market Regulation; Renewable energy; Energy and Innovation; Climate Adaptation;Climate Change; Water Economics; Water Resources and Sanitation; Environmentand Conservation; Food; Agriculture)
· Public Sector Reform (Public Finance; Macroeconomic Development; Policy Formulation andAnalysis; Tax and Customs Policy and Administration; Public Administration Reform)
· Security and Justice (Security; Justice; Home Affairs and Migration; Human Rights)
Qualifications & Skills / Professional Experience
· PhD orMSc in relevant field, complemented by at least seven (7) years of practical work experience in the relevant sector stated above;
· Provenhigh level competence in numerical data analysis;
· Recentexperience of working at a senior level in a consultancy, research, academic orcommercial environment;
· Excellentknowledge of relevant policy to analyse client situation, make recommendationsand develop new leads for work;
· Demonstrableexperience of effective project management;
· Highlymotivated with excellent communication and report writing skills;
· Provencompetence in interviewing and consultation design and implementation;
· Relevant(international) work, particularly EU, World Bank and/or United Nations;
· Fluency in English and Turkish. Good language skills in any other major Europeanlanguage will be an asset.
The senior consultant willdevelop, acquire and deliver research and consultancy services to national andEU clients with a focus on at least two sub-sectors under the relevant sector mentioned above.
Within this function major tasks include:
· To develop the company's profile and undertake targeted business development withkey clients directed at servicing and further exploiting in company’s competenceareas;
· To play alead role in further development and market applications of ECORYS group;
· To identify and respond to appropriate work opportunities from international,national, regional and local clients and liaise with other operating companieswithin Ecorys to achieve a coordinated response;
· To acquire research and consultancy work from national, regional and local clientsprimarily through leading in the preparation of high quality proposals andbusiness development submissions;
· To managehuman and financial resources in the delivery of contracts and undertake theprimary authorship of reports and project outputs;
· To providededicated support to Project Directors in respect of large scale projectsincluding full responsibility for project management;
· To provide clear and focused intellectual and policy input to the development ofboth project proposals and project reports.
· Interestedcandidates are required to specify their competency sub-sectors under therelevant sector in their application;
· Interestedcandidates are required to submit their personal resume in EU format (http://www.ecorys.com.tr/Media/EU_CV_format.doc);
· Interestedcandidates are required to send a Cover Letter (1 page) where they can expresstheir motivation and interest for the job as well as explain why do they thinkthey are suitable for the position.
Applications without EU Format CV and CoverLetter will not be taken into consideration.
ECORYS offers its employeesa professional, stimulating and learning environment. The company ensures thatits employees rank between the very best within their field of expertise.Talented people, who chose to work for ECORYS, want to make a difference andaim for change and progress. Teamwork, dialogue and initiative are key values within the organization. We offer a competitive compensation package.
An assessment will be partof the procedure.
The deadlinefor the application is 20 December 2018 5:00 p.m.
ECORYS is a non smoking environment
Our history dates back to 1929, when a group of businessmen from Rotterdam established the Foundation The Netherlands Economic Institute (NEI). Poverty relief and other social issues were regarded as important social and economic problems. The goal of the Foundation NEI was then to stimulate the collection and the analysis of economic data. Through the years, our organisation has brought forth many remarkable people who have contributed to the science of economics, including NEI director (1935-1968) Professor Jan Tinbergen, who was awarded the first Nobel Prize for economics for his work in 1969.
During the '90s, Ecorys' expertise proved important with regards to the growth of the EU and reformation processes in countries in Middle and Eastern Europe. To be able to cope with globalisation and in order to stay competitive, NEI developed into a pan-European company. Offices were established in Brussels and Moscow.
In 1999, NEI merged with Kolpron Consultants (established in 1979). In 2000 the diversification and internationalization was continued by merging with the British company ECOTEC Research and Consulting, specialising in social policy. The name Ecorys was chosen as new name for the Group. Today Ecorys is a company with strong European roots, active worldwide and aiming to be involved in challenging issues regarding the EU.
We value our independence, our integrity and our partnerships and care about the environment we work and live in. We have an active CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) programme, which centres around creating shared value that benefits society and business and which is a joint effort by company and staff.