Senior Field Auditor
|International Federation Of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies||Ankara|
IFRC is currently seeking a Senior Field Auditor based in Ankara.
The role is based in Ankara with frequent travel to the other field locations in Turkey, and occasional travel to Head Office in Geneva. The Senior Auditor will assist the ESSN Audit and Assurance Manager to deliver an annual programme of risk based audit for the ESSN programme, in collaboration with the Turkish Red Crescent’s audit team, to support IFRC management to improve ESSN operations and identify risks to success. The role will also include identifying and sharing good practices and lessons learned across the organization. He/she works closely with the ESSN Programme Director and all levels of management within the ESSN programme including the Turkish Red Crescent, and with outside partners as required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Internal Audit Responsibilities:
- As directed by the ESSN Assurance and Audit Manager, and in accordance with the International Internal Auditing Standards, plan, perform and lead risk based internal audit reviews of the ESSN programme, including ESSN field operations, systems, and processes, as well as the wider IFRC Turkey Office or Federation as required.
- Support the development of ESSN´s wider audit plan and approach by identifying and communicating key risks and emerging risk trends identified during audit work to the ESSN Audit and Assurance Manager.
- Provide support to the ESSN office management team in matters related to internal controls, risk management and governance processes.
- Deliver individual audit assignments, at all stages of the audit cycle, including scoping, risk assessment, development and completion of audit tests, reporting drafting, communicating and presenting findings, and risk follow up activities.
- Effectively assess risks in individual programme workstreams and develop audit terms of reference that focus on key risks and align with EU/ECHO’s audit requirements.
- With the guidance of the ESSN Audit and Assurance Manager, develop testing plans for individual audit assignments that provide coverage of key risks identified during scoping.
- Interpret policies and procedures and apply professional accounting and auditing principles and standards to test and evaluate complex programme and financial risks, records, and processes.
- Carry out interviews with senior management and risk owners to understand ESSN´s processes, systems, and risks, and identify, assess, and test the risks these processes, systems, and risks pose to ESSN and IFRC´s long and short term objectives.
- Draft audit reports for ESSN process owners and management that include an opinion on risk and control and set out key risks and value adding suggestions.
- Regularly meeting with the ESSN programme team, ESSN management, IFRC Turkey management, and IFRC´s wider management to provide updates on audit work and discuss key risks and suggestions, with the objectives and improving operations.
- Build effective relationships with a range of stakeholders including OIAI colleagues; the ESSN programme team; IFRC Turkey and IFRC senior management; TRC operational teams; TRC´s internal audit team… and wider programme partners.
- As directed by the ESSN Audit and Assurance Manager and Director of OIAI, perform special audit assignments and investigations into allegations of breach of Staff Code of Conduct and suspected fraud and corruption under the direction and professional standards set by the OIAI’s investigations function.
- Work closely with Federation Secretariat’s external auditors to maximize value added and minimise duplication of effort.
- Work in collaboration with TRC´s internal audit team to identify risks and suggest improvements to ESSN operations, providing capacity and capability building where valuable.
- Provide technical input and advice on major draft contracts, agreements and MoUs, projects, and systems changes as required.
Risk Management Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Audit and Risk Commission, including the preparation and delivery of oral and written reports during the commission meetings, when required.
- Provide/deliver training, coaching, briefing and presentations to different stakeholders on topics related to risk management and internal controls.
- Promote a culture of risk awareness and appropriate mitigation amongst management and staff by conducting Risk Management sessions/workshops and follow up on action plans prepared by the ESSN management team in order to mitigate those critical identified risks.
- Evaluate risks in the ESSN project, initiatives, processes, developments, and revised procedures by participating in working groups and projects teams.
- Promote a culture of fraud, corruption, and SEA awareness, by supporting the identification of risks, making suggestions in relation to mitigation actions, and providing training, workshops, and capacity building activities.
- Internal audit qualification (CMIIA, CIA, ACCA, etc.) or equivalent.
- University degree
- At least five years recent professional experience in Internal Auditing and Risk management.
- Experience in working for humanitarian, charitable or not for profit organisation.
- International experience
Knowledge, skills and languages
Knowledge and Skills
- Good understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk management, and effective internal controls.
- Good working knowledge of systems audit procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures, and techniques of financial and management accounting.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with different audiences, adapting style to fit situation.
- Ability to gather, analyse, and evaluate facts, and prepare and present concise oral and written reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships throughout the organisation.
- IT literate with skills in systems and data analysis using Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAAT).
- Good knowledge of information systems auditing and security.
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Other languages: Turkish
- Good command of Arabic
Competencies and values
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.