International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) seeks dynamic, experienced and reliable finance and administrative professional for the position of Senior Finance and Administration Officer
A small INGO that works to support democratic institutions and processes seeks to hire a full-time experienced, upbeat and detail-oriented individual with a broad array of experience with administrative, finance, and human resource related responsibilities.
The Sr. Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for administrative, finance, and human resources (HR) duties, including: overall implementation and management of administrative tasks; managing and tracking the organization’s finances; calculating and processing payroll, filing payroll and other regular reports with the government of Turkey; ensuring compliance with internal, donor, and Government of Turkey regulations; organizing contracts and leases with vendors; managing human resources and implemented related tasks, such as hiring, orientation, contracts, and maintaining HR policies; and working with the organization’s team in Washington, DC, among other responsibilities.
A successful candidate will have a minimum of five years’ relevant administrative, human resource, and finance experience and a university degree. They will also have: a high level of proficiency with spreadsheet and finance software, excellent time management skills, demonstrated attention to detail, fluency in both Turkish and English, and outstanding references.
Please see the Job Description below for more detail on the responsibilities and qualifications. To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and three references in English to email@example.com with Sr. Finance and Administration Officer in the subject line by 22 May 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis when they are submitted.
The personal data included in your resume/CV, sent by you via email, shall be processed by the National Democratic Institute for International Affairs Turkey Representation Office for the limited purposes of management of the recruitment process, and this data may be transferred to the Head Quarter in the USA.
We will e-mail you a link for a privacy notice and consent form subsequent to receiving your application in an e-mail. We request that you carefully read and approve the privacy notice and consent form sent to you.
Please send your requests relating to the right of the data subject as prescribed in article 11 of Law on the Protection of Personal Data Numbered 6698, to us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tarafınızca özgeçmişinizi e-posta üzerinden bize iletmeniz yoluyla işlenen kişisel verileriniz, Uluslararası İlişkiler İçin Ulusal Demokratik Enstitüsü Türkiye Temsilciliği tarafından işe alım sürecini yönetmek amacıyla sınırlı olarak işlenecektir ve ABD’de bulunan Merkez ofise aktarılabilir.
Başvurunuzu e-posta olarak tarafımıza ilettikten sonra, kişisel verileriniz ile ilgili aydınlatma metni ve rıza beyanı link olarak e-posta adresinize gönderilecektir. Aydınlatma metni ve rıza beyanını dikaktlice okuyarak onaylamanızı rica ederiz.
Bu konuda 6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanununun ilgili kişinin haklarını düzenleyen 11’inci maddesi kapsamındaki taleplerinizi, email@example.com üzerinden tarafımıza iletebilirsiniz.
TITLE: Senior Finance and Administration Officer,
CLOSING DATE: 22 May 2022
DEPARTMENT: Finance and Administration
REPORTS TO: Sr. Resident Director
SALARY CURRENCY: USD
To perform Sr. Finance & Administration Officer position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
SUMMARY: Supports the overall financial and operational administration of the NDI office under the supervision of the Resident Director and in collaboration with NDI Headquarters staff, by performing the duties listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Finance Duties: Responsible for quality and timely accounting for NDI Turkey e.g. cash procedures, bank accounts, receipts and supporting documents, electronic data entry, consolidation of overall organizational accounting, monthly closing process and documents, ensuring strict respect of deadlines and strict compliance to NDI guidelines, financial standards and procedures.
- Ensures maintenance of finance systems and implementation of all procedures and control mechanisms in accordance with Turkish and donor regulations
- Make regular payment to all vendors
- Assemble and reconcile monthly field office financial reports, ensuring financial compliance with donor guidelines, NDI policies and procedures, and accurate allocation of program costs.
- Lead on the managing and building/maintaining accountability systems for NDI Turkey & partners including the running of existing mechanisms and set up and implementation of new areas
- Assist in the preparation of annual and donor budgets in coordination with the program and other related departments
- Conduct regular effective risk analysis (i.e. variance analysis, trends) and reviews for the office, ensuring proper financial and operational controls are in place such as monitor ongoing levels of expenditure on individual program against budget, and provide timely advice of potential over or under-spending
- Ensure organizational understanding of variance implications and advise on how to respond to and manage them effectively
- Identify and analyze any discrepancies and suggest solutions
- Create strategies to mitigate financial and operational risk, working closely with Resident Director
- Ensures maintenance of suitable finance systems and implementation of all procedures and control mechanisms
- Prepare monthly wire transfer requests in coordination with relevant program team member
- Communicate with designated staff in DC office to reconcile and correct any concerns re: financial systems, processing, documentation, tracking, or compliance.
- Work with program staff to arrange logistics and vendor contracts for program events, ensuring compliance with NDI procurement policy
- Liaise regularly with NDI subgrantees to ensure high quality and timeliness of financial reports and drawdown requests, provides financial training to their finance staff as needed.
- Develops external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organizations.
- Make timely and accurate filings to the relevant government agencies.
- Maintain working relations with outside accountant firms.
- Prepare, propose, and distribute new policies, rules and guidelines about finance and administrative procedures and implement finance and administrative policies
- Supervise and coordinate overall administrative activities such as maintenance, mailing, procurement of supplies, equipment, preparations of bills
- Manage leases and rent payments for office and housing of expatriate staff
- Ensure compliance with internal, donor, and Government of Turkey regulations
- Develop and implement administrative systems, such as record management
- Maintain the office in superb condition, manage office equipment, and arrange necessary repairs
- Organize office operations and procedures, including updating and maintaining office policies as needed
- Liaise with facility management and vendors
- Use a range of office software, including email, checklists, spreadsheets, and databases, to ensure the efficient running of the office
Human Resource Duties
- Post job openings and assist in the management of recruitment – including collection of CVs, screening applicants, scheduling interviews, and communication with applicants.
- Assist in the accurate and timely completion and tracking of personnel documentation related to hiring (including offer letters and contracts) and separation.
- Assist with work permit applications and oversee government authorization process for national and expatriate staff. Track expiration of work permits and ensure timely application for extensions.
- Provide HR orientation for all new employees – including explanation of HR policies.
- Prepare and maintain employee files (personnel and benefits data), ensuring timeliness, accuracy, completeness, compliance and confidentiality.
- Ensure that timesheets, leave requests, and performance appraisal forms are prepared on time. Coordinate payroll with the NDI DC finance team.
- Track social security and other taxes per Turkish law, ensure accurate and timely payment, and liaise with the Turkish government as necessary.
- Assist the Resident Director in updating the HR handbook – per Turkish labor law, NDI policy, and donor regulations – and inform staff members about any changes to HR policies.
- Prepare consultant contracts and follow up contract expiry dates and ensure timely payment of consultant fees.
- Support maintenance of staff development and/or staff course requests, in coordination with the Resident Director.
Other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Resident Director.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, Turkish and foreign government personnel, civic and political actors, local vendors, and the general public
- High level of oral and written communication skills to effectively present information, respond to questions and prepare reports in a professional manner
- High level of writing skills to create clear and concise written documents
- Fluent in both Turkish and English
- Ability and willingness to take initiative
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to apply discretion and maintain confidential information
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheet software including Excel and Google Sheets; Quicken experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
- Working knowledge of Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Drive
- Minimum five years’ relevant finance and administration experience
NATIONAL DEMOCRATIC INSTITUTE
Based in Ankara since 1997, NDI's Turkey-focused programs have supported strengthening Turkey’s democratic processes, helping to encourage transparency in decision-making and fostering opportunities for citizen input and consultation.
The Institute has engaged a diverse range of participants through its programs, including members of parliament (MPs) and committee chairs, ministers, political party officials and municipal and provincial government officials, as well as representatives from civil society organizations, media, think tanks and academia.