|Vacancy Notice Number:||VN#TR/2018/199 – Re-advertised|
|Position Title:||Senior Finance Assistant|
|Classification:||One Year Fixed Term Graded contract – with possible extension (G6)|
|Duty Station:||Ankara - Turkey|
|Deadline of Applications:||26 November 2018|
|Eligibility||Internal and external applications will be considered.|
|Number of Vacant Positions:||1|
Under the direct supervision of the National Finance Officer and overall supervision of Senior Recourse Management Officer,Turkey the incumbent will be responsible for providing finance support services to the mission’s activities. In particular, he/she will:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare missions vouchers and other financial documentations with effective verification of support documents and follow up on the same in case the requirements are not followed.
- Enter transaction in system using proper t-code, GL and WBS.
- Assist National Finance Officer and perform during his absence monthly closure accounts and timely preparation of the financial reports and monthly bank and cash reconciliation statements.
- Prepare Monthly Budget Monitoring Report for projects and submit to Project Manager immediately after central closure of accounts. Assist Project Managers with budgeting as requested and also with donor financial report.
- Assist in preparing project budget for new project.
- Review various account transactions, payroll, travel claims, etc; Checking the DSA rate, Ex-change rate and the completion of the support document for all the Travel claims before signing off.
- Reconcile and review payable/receivable vendor's account and ensure clearing procedure have been made on specific time according to contract or PO. Follow up with outstanding advances.
- Monitoring and follow up with procurement department for clearance of commitments due on/before closing of running month.
- Deal with the bank as necessary, including monitoring the mission’s balances in the bank; checking the Bank Balance everyday.
- Ensure that payments and other financial transactions are done in a timely and efficient manner;
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly mission funding request with effective estimation of mission expenditure and income transaction in absence of senior finance assistant.
- Participate in improving internal controls systems, the efficiency and timely delivery of finance services in Turkey.
- Mail correspondence with IOM HQ/Manila, other IOM mission worldwide and counter parts for necessary transactions.
- Ensure correctness of disbursements and adherence to IOM accounting rules and procedures.
- Supervise the Finance Assistants in absence of National Finance Officer.
- Keeps up-to-date on documents/reports/guidelines that have a bearing on matters related to programme, ensuring compliance with IOM policies and procedures.
- Prepares correspondence to respond to enquiries in respect to relevant financial matters when required.
- Oversee the data input and provide guidance on data input and validation.
- Provide guidance, training and coordinate work of other staff in the unit as necessary.
- Participate in providing procedural and technical support and advice to other units in the mission.
- Proper recording/filing of hard copy of financial documents.
- Ensure that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM’s projectization criteria with close coordination with HR Department.
- Act as back up and replace National Finance Officer during his absence.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Business Administration with
- Professional certification as Chartered Accountant or certified public accountant will be highly regarded or an equivalent combination of relevant training and field experience, specifically in IOM accounting systems.
- Six years of finance and accounting experience.
- Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, PRISM-FI software and procedures a distinct advantage. Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and to analyze and interpret source information and data. High level of computer literacy is required, particularly in IOM computerized accounting systems. Good knowledge of MS office, specifically EXCEL.
- Good communication skills. Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for Results, respect for diversity and creative thinking. Ability to lead, coach and work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds are a requirement.
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant financial discipline.
- Develops / follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement.
- Ensures application of institutional financial policies and guidelines.
- Advocates incorporation of financial considerations into processes and procedures.
- Fluency in Turkish and English is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to email@example.com or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 26 November 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.