Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in DDD Coordination Head Office, Istanbul, the Senior Finance Coordinator reports to the Deputy General Director and is responsible for the overall financial structure of the organisation.
- Financial planning and compliance
- Treasury management
- Supervision of The Accounting and Invoices Payment
- Budgetary Monitoring
- Donors & Representation
- Financial Partnership Management
- Team Management
- Communication, Reporting and Capitalisation
Financial planning and Compliance
- Develops and implements the financial procedures and guidelines; and ensures it is updated according to donor’s and Turkish national regulations
- Plan annual financial structure and funding assumptions.
- Ensure compliance of all financial procedures with DDD and donors guidelines and provide support to the logistic, administration and programme department in terms of donor requirements for both Syria and Turkey programming;
- Ensure internal financial procedures, systems, policies and controls are applied and complied with throughout the operations by all staff for both Syria and Turkey programming;
- Provide financial support on all financial issues for both Syria and Turkey programming;
- Provide financial information to the coordinators both proactively and on request in order to monitor the projects;
- Prepare financial donor reports and requirements and ensure that they are complied with to maximize available funding and meet the donors deadlines;
- Coordinates the preparation of external or internal audit with the Deputy General Director, Logistic coordinator, HR Coordinator and Legal/Administration coordinator.
- Reinforce anti-fraud policy;
- Responsible for the treasury between the different programs/bases;
- Assesses the needs for the projects for the coming months and submit internal treasury requests;
- Ensures sufficient separation of responsibility and level of control over transactions;
- Ensure that payments are made in a timely and secure manner for all
Supervision of The Accounting and Invoices Payment
- Supervises the accountancy of all sites: quality of documents, respect of procedures, accounting & donor allocation;
- Coordinates the closure of monthly accountancy and links;
- Supervises the archiving of the accounting documents in the field and its transmission.
- Prepares annual and donor budgets in coordination with the teams for both Syria and Turkey programming
- Monitors overall budget consumption with respect to donors’ constraints for both Syria and Turkey programming;
- Creates and regularly update cost allocation table;
- Ensures accuracy of the financial information;
- Monitors ongoing levels of expenditure on individual programmes against budget, and provide timely advice of potential over or under-spending to the Coordination Team, and the relevant Programme & Finance teams;
- Ensures respective budget holders understand variance implications and advise on how to respond to and manage them effectively;
- Identification and analysis of any discrepancy and suggestion of solution;
- Prepares financial reports.
Donors & Representation
- Ensures appropriate follow-up of the current funding plan, as well as DDD commitments to donors;
- Negotiates financial elements and prepares answers to contractual obligations fixed by donors.
Financial Partnership Management
- Update and assist in the development of financial tools and guidelines for financial partnership management;
- Ensure the financial partnership management tool are implemented;
- Assist in the development of training plans for the partners based on assessment and identification of financial capacities to be improved.
- Supervises the overall recruitment and training of the finance department staff;
- Provide regular support to the finance teams on any accounting and financial issues;
- Provides regular evaluation to the team under his/her responsibility;
- Provide financial support, training and advice to all staff.
Communication, Reporting and Capitalisation
- Participates in the weekly team meeting, base meeting and coordination meetings;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract.
- Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Expected profile
Knowledge & Qualification & Experience
- Master's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management and Business Administration is an asset;
- Experience in financial management of Humanitarian Organization;
- Experience multi donors budgets/projects management;
- Experience of 5 years minimum in a similar position;
- Autonomous, ability to work under a minimum of supervision;
- Excellent computer skills (e.g. Excel);
- Knowledge of ERPs (Oracle Netsuite) and accounting software (Saga v5) is an asset;
- Required: fluent English;
- Preferred: Turkish, Arabic or French;
General Qualities required:
- Sense of diplomacy;
- Ability to work with short deadlines;
- Flexibility and capacity to adapt quickly to complex and changing contexts;
- Capacity to handle heavy workloads;
- Ability to work in an international context, collaborate with international and national experts and familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 31/12/2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.