Senior IT Field Auditor
|International Federation Of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies||Ankara|
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Senior IT Field Auditor, ESSN III
The IFRC is currently seeking a Senior IT Field Auditor to join the ESSN III Team in Ankara, Turkey.
Based in Ankara, but with frequent travel to the other field locations in Turkey, the Senior Auditor will assist the ESSN Assurance and Audit Manager in supporting management to improve the ESSN operations through delivering a programme of risk based internal audits, with a particular focus on IT risks and assurance, and in providing a platform for learning by sharing good practices and lessons learned across the organisation. He/she works closely with the ESSN Programme Director and all levels of management within the ESSN programme including the IFRC partners as required.
Internal Audit Responsibilities:
- As directed by the ESSN Assurance and Audit Manager, and in accordance with the International Internal Auditing Standards, plan and perform internal audit assignments of the ESSN programme as well as the IFRC ESSN office including ESSN field operations systems and processes as part of the OIAI’s risk based internal audit plan.
- Interpret policies and procedures and apply professional accounting and internal and other auditing principles and standards to test and evaluate complex programme and financial records and IT/operational systems.
- With the aim of addressing those critical risks identified during the course of audit assignments, meet with ESSN management to present and discuss audit results with them, making practical and economical recommendations for improvements.
- With reference to to EU/ECHO audit requirements, develop audit terms of reference, coordinate audit assignments and liaise with parties involved in the internal audit.
- As directed by the ESSN Assurance and Audit Manager, perform special audit assignments and investigations into allegations of breach of Staff Code of Conduct and suspected fraud under the direction and professional standards set by the OIAI’s investigations function.
- Work closely with Federation Secretariat’s external auditors to maximize value added and minimize duplication of effort.
- Prepare and present periodic oral and written reports to the ESSN Audit and Assurance Manager and the Director of OIAI summarising critical audit findings and recommendations, and progress of own activities against plan.
- Review the ESSN developed audit methodologies (in particular IT-related elements), techniques, systems and procedures, in order to accomplish the ESSN programme long and short terms goals and objectives.
- Provide guidance and assistance to IFRC partner, as requested, in close coordination with the IFRC Europe regional office, in order to improve their operational and financial systems and procedures.
- Provide technical input and advice on major draft contracts, agreements and MoUs, as required.
- Provide support to the ESSN office management team in matters related to internal controls, risk management and governance processes.
- Provide/deliver training, coaching, briefing and presentations to different stakeholders on topics related to risk management and internal controls.
Risk Management responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Audit and Risk Commission, including the preparation and delivery of oral and written reports during the commission meetings, when required.
- Promote a culture of risk awareness and appropriate mitigation amongst management and staff by conducting Risk Management sessions/workshops and follow up on action plans prepared by the ESSN management team in order to mitigate those critical identified risks.
- Evaluate IT risks, initiatives, processes, developments and revised procedures by performing internal audits and/or participating in working groups and projects teams.
- University degree
- Internal audit qualification (CMIIA, CIA)
- At least five years recent professional experience in Internal Auditing and Risk management.
- Experience in working for humanitarian, charitable or not for profit organisation.
- International experience
- Good understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk management, and effective internal controls
- Good working knowledge of systems audit procedures and techniques, especially IT.
- IT literate with skills in systems and data analysis using Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs).
- Good knowledge of information systems auditing and security.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with different audiences, adapting style to fit situation.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate facts, and prepare and present concise oral and written reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships throughout the organization.
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures, and techniques of financial and management accounting
- Fluently spoken and written English and Turkish
- Good command of Arabic
Competencies and values
Movement context, principles and values;
the Movement in the humanitarian sector,
Programme management & reporting,
Community engagement and accountability,
Collaboration and teamwork;
Conflict management; Communication; Cultural awareness;
Judgement and decision making;
Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure and high-visibility context
How You Apply:
Please note that the position will stay open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The IFRC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to workforce diversity.