Post Title: Senior Logistics Officer
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Duration: 12 months (with 2 months of probation)
Benefits: Competitive package
Closing Date: 03.12.2020
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the colour of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview.
WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Description of Duties:
The Senior Logistics Officer is in charge of providing effective and efficient logistics support through organization and implementation of procurement activities in Azaz, and Afrin/ Syria within the specified organizational, scheduling, contractual, and financial guidelines. The Senior Logistics Officer is responsible of:
- Responsible for all procurement of Azaz and Afrin offices and taking into consideration best value for money
- Ensuring that material resources are correctly planned in agreement with the Head of Project and the Finance Officer
- Involvement in the planning and processing of local purchases, storage, transportation, distribution and use of funds, incl. documentation in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards and the respective specifications and requirements of the project and co-financers
- Maintain the inventory list for Azaz and Afrin Offices
- Supervision of Azaz and Afrin Logistics team (HR, office, equipment)
- Coordination and reporting to the Head of Logistics in Gaziantep
- Support and advise national staff with regards to logistics issues
- Active visit to Azaz and Afrin office when possible
In addition to the above, the Senior Logistic Officer might be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Head of Logistic as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree is must
- Minimum 5 years of logistics/ procurement experience - preferably in the humanitarian sector
- Demonstrated experience in Cooperative management in an NGO/INGO is highly preferable.
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines with supervision skills
- Work well in the remote management context
- Good interpersonal skills, commitment, and motivation
- Prepare weekly work plans and organize his/her schedule in order to complete tasks in an appropriate manner.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards
- Experience in conducting interviews/assessments
- Knowledge of database applications is an advantage;
- Good Computer Skills and knowledge of common computer programs, particularly MS Office
- Good regional knowledge
- Personality requirements: Ability to integrate in a transcultural team, hardworking, good communication skills, ability to motivate and develop skills of others, attentive to detail, co-operative, good humor, able to work independently and with remote supervision. Ability to adjust to the mentalities of the duty station. A high degree of self-discipline and diplomatic competence.
- Language Skills: A very good command in English required, Arabic or Turkish are an advantage.
Whilst employed by Welthungerhilfe, the Senior Logistic Officer is obliged to maintain the confidentiality of all information obtained in the course of work.
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 03.12.2020 latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
Please read the privacy notice.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller