Knowledge / Qualifications and Education Requirements:
University degree in humanitarian or development studies, disaster management, NGO management or related subject | Masters is an advantage.
Native or near native english skills is required
General Work Experience:
5+ years of management experience in the humanitarian field with good leadership and supervisory skills to lead and motivate teams; coordinate group activities, ensuring that roles, policies and procedures within the team are clear. Minimum 2 years’ experience developing projects or programs in the humanitarian sector at national or international level. Good communicator with skills to function in an organization employing a multi-national staff, and whose sites are geographically distributed in hard to reach areas in north west Syria and newly started program in Turkey. Excellent understanding of Syria and Turkey contexts.
The Senior Manager for Programs leads and manages all aspects of program development and implementation according to strategic plan. The post holder provides leadership, strategic direction, management and evaluation of all aspects of Suriye Yardım Dernegi programs. Post holder is a member of Suriye yardım dernegi’s Senior Management Team (SMT).
Specifically, this position requires experience in developing successful humanitarian funding applications, for institutional and private donors, INGOs, trusts and foundations. The post holder will work closely with colleagues across Suriye yardım dernegi to turn project needs identified from our experience of delivering assistance on the ground in Syria and Turkey into a reality. The role requires strong communications and diplomatic skills and ability to leverage relationships with government agencies, Trusts & Foundations, and donors. The post holder will have a key role in the delivery of Suriye yardım dernegi’s current fundraising strategy and will help develop future funding strategies. She/He will work closely with Suriye yardım dernegi’s Program team, MEAL Department to develop new project strategies appropriate to the needs and context of the charity’s work. The post-holder will be highly organized with effective administrative and record keeping abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Program Development
• Leading the analysis of donor priorities, opportunities and trending to develop the program development and implementation strategy.
• Identifying and analyzing new humanitarian program opportunities, working closely with program managers and other key departments and make recommendations to senior management.
• Leading or working in the proposal development teams.
• As a leader, identifying the needs of the proposal team, defining the roles of team members, managing the overall process to ensure that a competitive proposal is submitted to the donor, and overseeing the inputs of the team members to ensure quality.
• Involving internal stakeholders and proposed partners in developing and formulating strategies for technical approaches, partnerships, budgets, management and staff, monitoring and evaluation.
• Implementing Suriye yardım dernegi’s fundraising strategy and be participate in developing future strategies.
• Reviewing and researching new funding opportunities and developing new programs with institutional donors which may arise as relevant to Suriye yardım dernegi; be familiar with websites and other sources of information about fund availability for NGOs from governments and other institutions.
• Identifying and developing networks and contacts including via networking, internet, and knowledge-sharing forums.
• Negotiating donor contracts and analyzing the results to ensure that agreements put in place are cost-effective and beneficial to Suriye yardım dernegi and do not expose the charity to unnecessary risks or unfavorable conditions.
2. Program implementation
• Overseeing program implementation by directly managing relevant program managers/and project managers to ensure that programs objectives are met within the required time frames and budgets.
• Ensuring country programs are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements and in accordance with SR, donor, country and international standards e.g. Sphere and other international humanitarian standards.
• Assisting the UK Team by providing the necessary information to write new proposals and seek new grants.
• Working in coordination with Senior Management in preparing short and long term program strategic plans for the organization
• Working with the relevant Sector Manager(s) to ensure the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability in program activities.
• Ensuring that Programs team are aware and working based upon the Project Management Manual and tools, and develop the manual based upon the need.
• Ensuring timely and targeted communication and information flow to all internal and external parties and coordination with the Country Director, SMT, donors, field offices and other program partners to remain informed about program achievements
• Effectively staying abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; and train programs staff in these policies
• Coordinating with other SMT members to evaluate current methodologies and policies, determine their effectiveness and provide suggestions on ways to improve compliance, and to ensure program and organizational success
• Assisting the CD and other members of SMT in building the capacity of SYD staff, particularly program staff, in Turkey and inside Syria.
• Producing regular and timely reports as required by senior management and donors
• Conducting annual performance reviews and lead ongoing performance monitoring for all reported staff members.
3. Partnership Development and Management
• Identifying and developing strategic relationships and partnerships with key NGOs and INGOs to collaborate/ partner in the implementation of Suriye yardım dernegi’s programs.
• Building, promoting, and maintaining, positive and productive relationships with key stakeholders within SY, Partners, and INGO’s.
• Providing leadership and direction in collaboration with country Director and SMT in the design, implementation, and delivery of SY Partnership system.
• Representing SY at relevant meetings with government officials, other INGO, NGOs, etc., reporting back as applicable to CD
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter indicating your experience to the attention of HR Department in Syria Relief to to the associated email address with the job code “SR.TR.ANT.SMP“ in the subject line .
“All Suriye Yardım Derneğ members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the SYD policies such as, SYD Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct.”